It's just not fun anymore

Statistically that is not going to be the case. Based on 2m sales as at Dec 2020, the Pareto Principle would suggest that only 20% are active on this forum, so 400,000 users.

Of those, the same principle means that only 20% will be regular posters.

Even if every one of them experienced CTDs of any kind - and clearly from the various threads they do not - that would be 80,000 users.

Don’t get me wrong, that is still a lot of people but it is only 4% of the user base as at December 2020.

As annoying as CTDs are for the people affected (and I know what that was like with P3D) they cannot be affecting “almost everyone”, which I imagine then makes Asobo’s job of working out why they are happening and then fixing it all the harder.

EDIT: a few hours after posting this, I “earned” a badge for having been a member of the forum for a year and posting at least once. According to the message, as of 20th Aug there are 20, 331 other people with that badge, so about 1% of the user base. Even allowing for growth in the number of forum users during that year, it looks as though the assumptions above could be an overstatement, meaning that the prevalence of chronic CTDs may be even lower.

8 Likes