January 26, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

6 Likes

Why two threads same topic link? What am I missing?

1 Like

What two threads?

1 Like

As we do every week, this thread is for feedback and discussion. The other thread is in News and Announcements so people who subscribe to that section (which doesnā€™t allow replies) will receive notifications of a new post.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

2 Likes

ā€œWe will have more to share about both the Development Roadmap and Feedback Snapshot in next weekā€™s Developer Q&A.ā€

There has not been a development roadmap & feedback snapshot update since last October.

35 Likes

The Cowan Simulations Bell 206B on Xbox, a Cabri G2 livery pack and plenty of updates for owned products.

Pretty good week.

1 Like

To all my Xbox fellows, please donā€™t buy any livery packs from marketplace as every PC user can have liveries for free or even create their own! Please donā€™t waste money on those products and let #numbersTalkšŸ˜‰

25 Likes

This weeks development update?

Disappointing, Simply Disappointing!

15 Likes

It is farcical that you even call these marketing posts ā€œdevelopmentā€ updates as you continue to provide absolutely no information about any development happening within the sim.

33 Likes

At least the first sentence is of some relevance :smiley:

Beta testing for Aircraft & Avionics Update 1 (AAU1) is in its final stages, and the team is planning to wrap up public testing in preparation for a full release soon

4 Likes

With regards to the Developer Q&A, I hadnā€™t noticed the ā€˜Airportsā€™ topic before. The other topics leave me rather cold, but this could be interesting. What do you reckon thatā€™s about? Are they improving default airports? They could use some improvement. Something else perhaps?

The weekly update is more useless then last year. Sorry, but there are no development news, no snapshot no nothing. :confused:

13 Likes

Indeed - I used to look forward to the Friday update - now thereā€™s practically nothing there. It has now become a waste of time.

10 Likes

But you know, I donā€™t want to fly without liveryā€™s. As much as I understand what youā€™re saying, on Xbox we donā€™t have any other option then to pay for it. As sad as it is.

8 Likes

The development update may be underwhelming but be sure to watch the community video they linked from it. I guarantee that will cheer you up!

2 Likes

Any chance of a list of bugs being fixed, or anything like that describing the ongoing development?

6 Likes

I hope the final release is fixing the Xbox textures quality degradation, it was fixed before the recent beta.

4 Likes

Still no release date for AAU1 despite the January date promised in early December.

Still no Development Roadmap.

Still no Feedback Snapshot.

Iā€™m a bit disappointed in the update.

11 Likes