January 5, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

4 Likes

Those HJet liveries are a no-brainer.

But this is
interesting:

7 Likes

“Interesting” lol
Its kinda funny this is totally missing in the dev update isnt it

But even the Hjet liveries, by “STOL addicts”
just devs feeding off of each other now for whatever scraps and bundles of cash they can wring out of each other. More egregious than A310 liveries, or even CS making liveries for the default planes or his own.

On top of this we have another :wink: A320 :wink: 
this is tiring. And a lot are still waiting for PMDG to hit the MP.

4 Likes

I strongly disagree. The HJet, VJet, and FlightFX are in my opinion the BEST products/developers in the Sim. STOL Addicts works closely with them and is active on their Discord.

It’s massively unfair (and a bit rude) to say they’re “feeding off eachother”.

3 Likes

I have zero issue with the HJet and FlightFX. “Best” might be a bit strong but they make good stuff.

I’ll accept my ignorance about FlightFX and STOL working together. However, if they’re that close, idk why they just didn’t include them with the product from the start or through an update. I know the practice of selling liveries is a necessary evil for the Xbox crowd almost exclusively, its just tiring when we know there’s a huge backlog for devs with good products ready and waiting.

I’m sure you can at least agree with the fact that junk like this Corvette, or boats, or planes with no cockpit, and general scamware is a blight on the sim as a whole. And like highlighted above, for a system already facing massive delays, its a waste of time and resources to get this junk through to shovel it to customers.

4 Likes

Well, this “junk” isn’t on Asobo at all. They’re doing their thing. That part is Microsoft. Asobo is based in France. They are the ones focused on making sure things get fixed, WUs, SUs, etc.

Microsoft are the ones who handle the Marketplace. Personally, I don’t mind it, but there are those who would be at my throat over my opinions on the Sim, what I think it is and where it’s headed
but that’s an entirely different story.

6 Likes

I’m fully aware of who does what. So yes, if the marketplace content is on Microsoft, so be it. Thats beside the point, whoever is responsible needs more resources, people, etc and maybe just a little bit of guidance for 3rd parties on whats acceptable. Otherwise, its just going to get drowned out on cheap junk like this. I know its a source of revenue, so more the merrier, especially to MS. Its just going to be sad to see a few years down the road
the next 50-150 marketplace updates, just dollar store toys at best. This is how you get planes by CS with no cockpit, since anything sells, without recourse, apparently.

Some of it isnt even cheap
that thing is $13cad for me. An airport dev gave me a free car to zip around for free in some random update. Literally a jeep with C172 inside it. Would I pay $13 for it, helllll no. I’ll just go to Forza.

4 Likes

Is the corvette drivable?

If so, this could be a first baby-step to a commercial driving simulator. I have long been of the opinion that they are not building a digital twin of the earth (as Jorg puts it) just for a single game.

Other uses will follow: commercial/military flight simulators, truck simulators, shipping simulators, battle field simulators, etc. Most of those likely as different products and licensed out to different companies, but they would be crazy if they aren’t at least exploring those possibilities

3 Likes

The only gripe I have with cars is that they are not going to give a great experience, roads up close are really hit and miss as is the scenery.
I wish that the time this product took up being tested could have been used for aircraft.

It’s only a minor gripe, but on console especially we all await new aircraft intensely.

3 Likes

Yeah, the car is pretty awful actually. Just tested it.

2 Likes

Still no

• //42 42MG - Mr. Goodbar
  • //42 Campout Utility
  • //42 Flow
  • Got Friends Wilga

No, I am not disappointed, I simply call it a joke.
Some of the mentioned above content is available for PC for 1 or 2 months now.
And the XBox guys still need to wait.
Maybe they want to drive around in a Corvette or fly in a “high-fidelity” B-52? I have my doubts.

7 Likes

" The MSFS team has returned from holiday and are now once again hard at work to bring you tonnes of great flight sim content in 2023."

I’m sure it’s just the wording used and I never like to read too much into it, but I do hope there’s some ‘Bug Fixes’ (both old and very old ones
) alongside the “great flight sim content” this year.

It’s painful to still see bugs & issues going unfixed for years now, you need to get a grip on those in 2023 and make an attempt to fix stuff whilst releasing shiny new content.

13 Likes

As you probably already know, the “ROADS” in MSFS are mostly Undrivable on !! But it might be a cool Car to drive around the airport., but defiantly not for “City riving”

6 Likes

What the heck is happening to the Wilga? The devs are saying they submited to the marketplace about 4 weeks ago, yet nothing appeared even after today’s update.

4 Likes

With the problems MSobo had with the Marketplace in December I expect the Wilga and other content submitted before December in 6 weeks / months.

Will we see a change in marketplace content coming later and later than on other store?
I hope so, but I have my doubts as the reason why it takes so long are changing.

4 Likes

As discussed in a thread on this topic, we are nowhere close to having simulators unrelated to flight on this platform. In fact, it’s far from clear that would even be a good use of resources as the photogrammetry and world in MSFS is designed for flight, not for any of those other uses that requires at least an order of magnitude higher fidelity globally than we have now. Those other simulators are likely to work best in their own environment specifically designed for their use.

Like it or not the Metaverse is coming and MSFS will play it’s part

1 Like

It’s odd, isn’t it? Hadn’t “they” stated they resolved the bottlenecking issue quite awhile ago with the Marketplace and we would see an improvement in the rate of releases?

I feel like it’s gone backwards.

3 Likes

Hopefully, some of the delays are due to MS/Asobo possibly updating the Marketplace, (To make it more secure for those using it).

If so, ( I for one ), do not mind the wait, while this is being done.

1 Like

If that is the case, I’m supportive, too.

Some communication about it would be appreciated, to set expectations— again, if this really is the case.

1 Like