Joystick steering is fully blocked while panning around with the mouse

Hi adventurous bush-pilots and professional Jumbo Jet simmers,

there is one little but very annoying and confusing thing that I have noticed related to the steering.
Since the update whenever I look around in the cockpit with the mouse (right-click and moving the mouse to move the camera), all my joystick steering movements are fully blocked as long as the right mousebutton stays pressed to move the camera.
And it is pressed many times because I constanly look around.

This is very confusing because especially when making turns I look to the left or right like in a car and this causes the aircraft to always over-bank because I cannot correct the ailerons back to neutral while all steering movements are blocked.

Please fix the blocking of the airplane steering elements when clicking the mouse, when I do something in the cockpit or move the head around (I can use the mouse left-handed as good as right-handed - and mostly fly with the joystick in the right hand and the mouse in the left hand to move the camera constantly around or click stuff in the cockpit and zoom the view in or out.)

P.S.
There is another thingā€¦ I cannot move the camera view high enough inside the cockpit - even if above my ā€œvirtual headā€ are still 15 inches or more space left to the roof of the Cessna (or other planes).
Please I really need to see over the hood when landing or parking, or starting with tail-dragger airplanes and need the possibility to move the virtual camera to a higher spot than currently possible with the Cessna 172 and other planes. This is especially important when doing water landings.

3 Likes

Panning block every inputs from controllers not only steering movements.
Before SU5 all ok
Incredible they release a patch without a single test

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed this as well on the Xbox. Caught me out a few times.

Not only steering, but if youā€™re panning around with the mouse, yo canā€™t use any other controller unless you let go of the mouse button. Annoying. What were they thinking???

2 Likes

The same here. When using the mouse to look around in the cockpit you canā€™t use the yoke nor throttle (both Honeywell). It would be very nice if this would be restored to like it was, so you can view around while manoeuvring the plane. Please, fix this.

1 Like

Please vote here

You are probably holding down the right mouse button and trying to steer at the same time. I found out I was doing that too.
You have to lift your finger off of the mouse to use the joystick/yoke.

But I constantly look and pan around and canĀ“t lift the finger off the mouse button every single time I want to make small steering inputs.

No offence meant but why? I donā€™t find it a problem?

Because when you are flying low and slow, i.e. while POI spotting you want to look around and fly at the same time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.