June 29, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

4 Likes

Holy night enhancements….
Surely they have almost covered every city and hopefully they will all be released before 2024 releases.

Meanwhile our beautiful PMDG birds are still waiting for some paint!

15 Likes

Night enhancement for 10$ each is crazy

25 Likes

Great to see the Flyingiron BF-109 made it so quickly through the process. As someone who prefers props I’m excited to see the Boeing 307 tomorrow.

2 Likes

Where are the liveries for the 737? and DC-6? Where is the Connie?
Why do Captain Sim and MSCENERY get more priority over everyone else? Relatives?

11 Likes

54 night lighting addons dropping at once is excessive

28 Likes

I counted over 50 for night addons. GIven the others that’s closing in on over $1000 USD!!! I know folks don’t want every city. But I totally agree I pray they’re running out of $10 cities soon.

10 Likes

Hopefully after today we dont see anymore night enhancements for a long time

21 Likes

Here’s a crazy thought. Couldn’t Asobo just fix the Night Lighting in the Sim?
We shouldn’t need to purchase addons to achieve this.

35 Likes

I wonder what’s really going on with MSCENERY, Dream Scenery and Captain Sim, it really does feel like they are getting priority every week.
Jorg said there is a backlog of about 300 addons. I wonder just how many belong to them alone?

10 Likes

Yeah, they should reprioritize depending on how many submissions per developer.

1 Like

No doubt a large chunk of the backlog has been taken up by shovelware, but also consider well crafted products take longer to get thru the QA system, especially from devs who care about the quality of their products rather than meeting bare minimum requirements

An aircraft with in depth systems may take multiple revisions to get thru the funnel to ensure everything runs smoothly on PC & Xbox rather than yet another cut&paste night scenery/ mscenery helicopter

4 Likes

All fair and good, but what about the stuff thats already approved? We were supposed to get the liveries for the PMDG aircraft weeks ago now. The Super Constellation update and Xbox release was expected today also.

I’d rather they just blew through it and be done with it like this rather than have to be greeted by it every-single-week forever.

2 Likes

Still haven’t bought a single one. Whatever they are trying to do pushing these out doesnt work on me lol

3 Likes

… and you get a night enhancement pack… … and you get a night enhancement pack… … and you get a night enhancement pack… … and you get a night enhancement pack…

12 Likes

Heh buy all the night enhancements now for $3600! It’s a bit ridiculous TBH. They all look like the same city.

Free Ford trimotor though!

5 Likes

Edit: I’m blind. 307 comes out tomorrow, June 30th!

1 Like

You have got to let us start being able to ignore certain producers. I don’t want to have to wade through 55 night enhanced releases. They are literally making it harder to browse the new releases.

19 Likes

For those of you saying that hopefully they’re running out of “night enhanced cities” or that you’d rather just get them all out of the way- they’ve released cities like Springfield, IL, Green Bay, WI, and Corpus Christie, TX… Nothing against any of these cities (I lived in Green Bay for 2 years), but they’ll literally NEVER run out of cities… At some point we’ll see Naperville, IL or Michigan City, IN. As long as they keep getting approved (especially in mass quantities), why would they ever stop? It’s clearly a very, very low effort/cost & high profit product. The only way they stop is if the marketplace does something about it, and we know that won’t happen- this update shows that and it’s a joke.

4 Likes