June 8, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

What’s happening in 48 hours?

2 Likes

Wondering why Seasons went from started last week to planned this week? Really, really looking forward to this. Would love to see some discussion on the next dev update. Thanks!

3 Likes

This was on my short list of potential surprises this year. It would be really strange if we don’t see something bigger happening with the core sim, be it weather, seasons, or something else, given the lack of details on sim development for the rest of the year.

3 Likes

I sincerely hope this isn’t the case.

1 Like

I assume you’re referring to this?

“On June 11, Microsoft will hold its annual Xbox Games Showcase where it’s expected to reveal what’s coming next to Xbox, PC, and Game Pass. Microsoft promises “new surprises and first-looks” from Xbox Game Studios and its third-party partners. Microsoft says the Xbox Games Showcase will focus on titles for Xbox Series X, Windows PC, and Game Pass.”

Not clear to me we’ll learn anything new on Flight Sim but I guess we’ll see.

2 Likes

THIS, in a big way!

I’m thrilled with the work that Working Title has done with AAU1 and 2, but that is Aircraft and Avionics specific.

The core sim needs attention, and it sure seems like they’ve had plenty of time to focus on it while the WT team has been hammering away on AAUs.

2 Likes

AAU2 seems to be something great, actually giving to us two airliners in a sense.

However, little disappointed that no ATR update mentioned. There are still important things to be done, in order to be a great plane.

Well folks, I was wrong. There is a major update coming for MSFS, focused on a career mode, air racing, and more! Revealed today at the Xbox Showcase. Billed as MSFS 2024!

Some big questions include what the pricing model will be (is this an entirely new product? A paid DLC? Or just a renaming?) and whether we see any core sim improvements.

1 Like

We need a whole new thread to speculate on this

2 Likes

Sounds like more toys and gimmicks that I’ll never use. Did they mention updated and accurate weather and flight models?

Thought not.

3 Likes

Nope, and I don’t want to jump the gun with assumptions but that could be a big source of tension if core sim stuff has been set aside for this content.

3 Likes

As ever it has been!

1 Like

Good thing they did not design the game for you, would’ve been awkward.

To me it looks like DLC, not a new game. Looks like Beluga from INI is coming :eyes:

Very awkward!

Whatever the intention, bad planning on MSFS part… no explanation of if this carries over from MSFS, if this is a brand new sim and completely different, or if this will just be DLC.

1 Like

Going gangbusters over here already

2 Likes