Junkers Autopilot Addon

So the Junkers is a great looking plane and fun to fly, however the lack of an autopilot all but effectively makes it so I’ll never be able to enjoy it on a flight of any distance. As a typical busy adult, I usually have lots of chores to do after work so my normal routine is set up a flight, take off, climb to cruise, enable autopilot, go do chores, finish chores, descend, land, smile at my accomplishments.

So I’m seeing if anyone knows any cfg tricks or external addons that add a simple AP to the Junk-man which would allow it to hold a course and altitude? Thanks for any help, mates

1 Like

I don’t have nor care about the Junkers, so don’t know it’s particulars, but can’t you just enable your co-pilot to fly for you then?

i have a copilot?? always thought i was flying solo…

1 Like

I Agree with you and do a similar thing. I would Prefer an autopilot for most aircraft, as I think the Autopilot thing as not that great, and I wont to adjust heads and altitudes as I see fit.
would love an easy use autopilot that can be added to all aircraft. even if it was selecting in the drop down at the top. like the copilot. but I can set heading etc…

I fly the Junkers by VFR and use visual cues and way points that I have studied beforehand, plus dead reckoning for longer flights. In VR it’s challenging, especially in bad weather, but very rewarding when you succeed. Actually, it’s just as immersive and interesting when you get lost.

And thus continues the debate of simulator / game. The JU 52 has a rudimentary heading control as was appropriate for the time period. If you want a modern autopilot, fly a modern aircraft. Next people will want a GTN750 in a Piper Cub that has no electrical system.

Not to be argumentative, but that is the beauty of learning how to fly the classics, you have to fly them. Of course that is my opinion, but would rather Asobo / MS spend time getting the core and realism features correct before adding gamification features to aircraft.

4 Likes

It’s a plane from the 30s and it very rudimentary… It has no autopilot…

The guy asks a simple question and gets lectures on aviation history and the culture wars between simulation and gameplay, but no help.
Try this mate MSFS Mobile Companion App » Microsoft Flight Simulator

5 Likes

thanks! this looks interesting i’ll check this out.

and agree, the comments about simulator/game is totally ridiculous. people, this runs on Xbox, in 3rd person mode, with landing challenges…if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

Yes, you do have a copilot / AI control for all other planes in MSFS. You can access it from the pull down menu at the top of the screen when in a flight. I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be there for the Junkers.

I just installed the newer version of this add on and it’s not so helpful with the JU52 as the older version was. You might like to try both versions and see what you think.

It’s there but he’s a suicidal maniac.

3 Likes

Sounds kind of fun sometimes. But not always

But can you trust the Co-Pilot to fly the Plane … my experience is that he cannot follow the flight plan !!!

I never said the co-pilot was good or reliable. I said he was there. lol

But typically if you just need to fly a few legs from a flight plan at cruise, it typically works. Anything else and I’d be leary… Left Turn Larry doesn’t have a good reputation to say the least. lol

Please stay on topic of the Junkers Autopilot Addon. Thank you.

If there is a system file in the aircraft folder then AP can be turned on or added.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.