Just Flight announced Piper Tomahawk

Haven’t seen a thread for this yet…

12 Likes

My first trainer IRL, goes back a while

3 Likes

Finally, its around the corner…glad it’s theirs and not Alabeo or Carenado’s. They do a fantastic version of it…

FlightSim.Com - Just Flight Offers Early Look at Tomahawk For MSFS

Can’t wait for this one. My trainer as well IRL. :slight_smile: Just Flight made my day announcing this.

I’ve yet to purchase the Arrow or Warrior but hear great things. I’m sure this’ll be a great aircraft too.

gasta tu dinero en píxeles en formato 236x128😎

This looks different enough that I just might pick this one up. I wonder, since JustFlight seems to have a good relationship with Piper, if they will eventually release a Piper with a modern cockpit (nothing against steam gauges, but I like glass too).

1 Like

Oh boy, the “Traumahawk” as I’ve heard some pilots call it… we have it available on the local flight school website but personally, I find it a rickety aircraft (based on images/size). To each their own though

1 Like

Has there been any updates on this?

I’m hoping to start learning to fly for real next year, and I think the training planes will be PA-38s, so would love to get a head start on flying one!

Nothing I see on the website or the forums other than it should be added to the In Development section of the website “soon” and hopefully release in the first half of 22.

Nice to see the whole Piper collection in the Flight Sim.
The Piper Cherokee and Piper Navajo Chieftain are a must-have too in every hangar.

Here are some Tomahawk screenshots of an already released older version, it looks great and will be completely redone for the Flight Sim 20:

But they should remove this outdated and +ugly pilot 3D model that is implemented in the Just Flight Piper Arrow and Warrior II too, and add the Flight Simulator 20 pilot to the cockpit :slight_smile:

1 Like

The PA-38 Tomahawk is now on our website as part of our In Development section. The product page will be updated on a regular basis with new dev entries as we go. The page is live and the initial entry there too.

7 Likes

Ewwwwwww :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Just kidding, I’m sure there’s people who would love to fly this plane in MSFS. :slight_smile:
The exterior and interior models look gorgeous.

I absolutely adore the Warrior (by far the plane I fly the most in MSFS, especially since it’s the plane I rent, too), although I hope someday you rescale the interior so it looks correct in VR. I currently feel like I’m a giant when I’m sitting in it. But I realize that’s not necessarily an easy thing to do. (Scale in 2D feels correct to me)

Archer III, C152, DR400 and Duchess 76 will be coming to MSFS too, if the Tomahawk isn’t to your taste :+1:

Martyn - Just Flight

7 Likes

The Archer will be a buy for me… near the top of the list of planes I’d like to own…

Any thoughts on maybe adding a Grumman AA5B Tiger to your stable?.. If I could find one of those at a decent price, I’d be flying one.

I’ve long been a fan of the AA-5 family.

2 Likes

I soloed in the “Traumahawk” - a brand new one - before the AD that mandated stall strips. Stalls were… “exciting” and the T-tail made takeoffs and landings “interesting.”

Haven’t flown one in decades, but I’ll grab this one just for nostalgia’s sake. :slight_smile:

Come to think of it, I haven’t seen one in quite a while either…

2 Likes

I’ve seen a couple here and there… I don’t want to belabor my humor as I’m sure the product will be great, but, I would never consider flying one after everything I’ve heard about it. Same thing with T-tail Arrows…

I think the reputation may be a little unfair, and likely amplified by a spate of training accidents early on. I liked flying the aircraft quite a bit, but other than my solo I had a veteran CFI in the right seat.

I transitioned to Cessnas shortly thereafter, but still flew the Warrior and the Archer.

1 Like

My local flying school has 3 so I could be tempted by this. Got the warrior and hawk from JF and both are good.