Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

Hell yeah!

King Air coming and now this!

“Just Flight is about to publish a new third-party mod that promises to significantly enhance the experience with a default airplane in Microsoft Flight Simulator. WB Sim’s 172sp Classic Enhancement looks to provide a realism boost to the analog Cessna 172 , available in the Premium and Premium Deluxe of MSFS, by improving the cockpit systems and instrumentation, and adding a simulation of engine wear and tear.”

“In the cockpit, users will find significantly improved instrumentation, including a version of the PMS GNS 530/a 430, a custom-coded KAP140 autopilot that adds many missing features, and even some cool features like vibrating gauge needles.”

" The cherry on the cake will be the implementation of engine wear and tear in the 172, which will have simmers take good care of the aircraft or face serious consequences. Operating hours will accumulate and slowly lead to performance degradation if left unchecked."

Price: US$21.99

16 Likes

sounds great. Pity they won’t add opening doors and an optional GTN750. That would make it perfect.

BTW.
The C172SP Classic is a Premium plane. So will this addon only be available for Premium an Deluxe owners?

4 Likes

According to the store page, yes it requires Premium/Deluxe version

In usual JF fashion store pushes also included link to download the manual which is much appreciated.

1 Like

Correct, you must already the 172 Classic in the Premium or Deluxe versions of the sim.

Radio options might come down the road, if Asobos work on model attachments (currently in beta) progresses to the point to allow this to happen.

ForderLearnToFly has done an in depth look at the plane on youtube and has several streams on twitch using it also.

6 Likes

I wonder if it will fix the reversed ammeter…

Wooooww they’re pushing a mod that does not do anything but mods some functionality that other freeware mods offer AND require you to still have a premium deluxe version and they are asking the price of a full add-on airplane made? Wooow , that is something.

14 Likes

If you can point to a free mod that does all this for the steam gauge C172 is love to download it.

9 Likes

Would love to see them get rid of the wheel pants as well. I know there is a mod out there but it messes with the proper stance of the aircraft and is not proper for the 172.

1 Like

I’ll be keeping an eye on this. I do occasionally fly the default GA planes but the fact that engine wear and tear is modelled really adds to my sense of immersion.

In general I also prefer payware to freeware where possible. My experience is that while payware isn’t perfect, I find freeware mods to be a little overwhelming in terms of choice and varying quality.

2 Likes

■■■■, I was hoping that this would be released as a stand alone aircraft. I really want a steam gauge 172 but don’t really want to upgrade above the standard edition of MSFS.

I don’t feel like it’s worth it, I have no complaints with the default 172. Although it would be nice if Asobo would implement the new flight model to the steam gauge version and not just the G1000 one.

3 Likes

The main reason I don’t fly the C172 is because of the poor visibility from the cockpit.
I suspect this will not be improved by the mod, correct? If it is, it would be worth a try.

I wonder does it appear as a separate aircraft in the sim or not? For example, the black square caravan does appear as a separate aircraft so you can still fly the default caravan. Is this like that?

I do not believe it shows up as its own version of the aircraft like the Black Square version… this may be something the developer will have to adjust.

That is a shame, I like the way blacksquare is separate and JPL 152 freeware mod is separate so you can easily compare it back and forth with the original version since you can still fly the original version with the mod installed.

1 Like

too expensive. Should be cheaper.

3 Likes

Strange how they picked a plane that is only available in the more expensive versions of MSFS, I would think the majority of people have the standard edition.

1 Like

i would not say too expensive. according to the product page its a lot improvements in. similar to Simcoders REP in xp.
issue is mainly, who flys a C172 (if not training for real life :slight_smile: )

i personally would like to have these improvements also in the G1000 cessna 172l.

I think you underestimate the work required to do the stuff that this mod does. You should watch the video linked above.

7 Likes

Do you mean the seat position? Just adjust it to where you want it, press CTRL ALT and then the numbers 1-0 and this saves it. When you want that position back just press ALT and the number you assigned the view to.

2 Likes