Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

That is my belief, reading posts in the WT Discord …

1 Like

Anyone here using Spad.Next? need little help here to make my saitek multipanel work on this

got it, I don’t have that mod, so I don’t see the data folder, thanks for the explanation!

Like the work they WT did on the G1000NXi the work they are doing on the GMS530/430 looks like it be an optional mod to begin with but then replace the current version in the core sim one it’s ready.

2 Likes

So WB-Sim mod causes conflicts with the following (not exhaustive list):

• bagolu-c172-amphib-classic - Cessna 172 Amphibian, although based on the stock classic 172, introduces a standalone aircraft and not replaces the stock one in the list. Cessna 172 Amphibian » Microsoft Flight Simulator - THIS IS an example of HOW WB-Sim is supposed to act :slight_smile:

• Asobo-C172SP-Classic-Rust-ECJB - some livery for 172 classic

• pms50-instrument-gtn750 - garmin 750 from pms50 - GTN750 Free - this is required by hpg-airbus-h135 helicopter. As I understand the presence of this mod makes ALL the screens in WB-Sim modded 172 to be blank.

PS all these mods above work fine, if there is no WB-Sim

no I didn’t edit anything. I just place the mods into community folder as usual.

I think, your responses are a bit aggressive in this thread. You just blame the others who report their experience and praise this particular mod from wb-sim.

2 Likes

GTN750 free creates no conflicts at all with my WB-Sim mod.

As for the Rust livery, it’s well documented that third party liveries may not work with the EB-Sim mod if they mess with the panel.cfg file

1 Like

> The Bagolu C172 Mod, and the WB-Sim C172 Classic “Enhancement” Mod are Mutually EXCLUSIVE.

ie You should Not have BOTH installed in your Community Folder, at the same time.

WHY ?

The Bagolu Mod was developed BEFORE there was a Amphibian or Ski C172 Classic, and it ADDED those two Models of the plane to the Sim, as a MOD.

Then Asobo brought out the official Asobo Float & Ski Versions, so in effect, the Bagolu Mod was then no longer needed, but you could keep it installed, and then choose between the Asobo or the Bagolu Planes.

The WB-SIM is a Mod to ENHANSE the Asobo default Premium C172 Classic, and as such, Enhances the Original Asobo Plane, rather than creating a whole new additional Modded Plane.

Why would you still want the original more basic Asobo model, when you have the Enhanced one available ?

If you REALLY do want to fly the Asobo Plane in its original, UN-enhanced model, ( or other C172 Mods, like the Bagolu one). just temporarily remove the WB-Sim enhancement Mod from your Community Folder.

Or better still, use Addon-Linker

Liveries are a whole different Can of worms !!

Many overwrite files unnecessarily in the current plane with old file that were in the plane in previous SU version of the sim, (at the time the Livery was developed) , leading to “Issues”.

So the WB-Sim Mod may NOT work 100% correctly with liveries that have overwritten the Plane with OLD files, but any Livery written more correctly, that do not do this, should work with the C172 in both, situations,
ie With or Without the WB-SIM Mod installed.

For further information, or to discuss the technical details of this, please go to the WB-SIM Discord, where there is a full explanation, and active discussions on this subject.

I would love to learn more about it, but I will not use Discord. I don’t trust programs that monitor which other programs I’m running (aka Spyware), when that’s absolutely not necessary to communicate.

2 Likes

Based on this, it is highly likely that your base sim is corrupt, missing files, or not fully up to date , Make sure that you the Premium /deluxe content is up to date, and fully installed.

For further support, please use the

> WB-SIM DISCORD

, as this MS Forum does not allow for detailed and extensive 3rd party Support

My understanding is that Discord only monitors other programs that you give it Permission to Monitor.
I may be wrong, but have never experience any issue when using Discord.

If it really was that much of an issue, it would be all over the Internet !!!
Maybe it is !!! Discord security - Google Search

If course, it MAY also depends on what you are doing on your PC you don’t want known !!!
ie Personal banking, accessing your Amazon account etc etc

1 Like

I don’t appreciate the insinuation, and it’s sad to see that most people associate the want for privacy with illegal activities. A very shortsighted view of things.

Let’s move on … this is not the topic of the thread. Let me just give you this quote about Discord to finish it off:

"However, the service is now under scrutiny. Not only because of numerous security holes but things so extreme, they even attracted the FBI investigation. "

3 Likes

I love the realism stuff in this mod but I’m having an issue with the GNS530. Maybe I’m missing something basic. To recreate this issue I start a flight at KSGS (St. Paul MN) cold and dark. Once I get everything running I setup a direct to route to KSTC (St. Cloud, MN). I get in flight and hit proc and choose ILS13 and no transition as it has none listed in the gps. I then load the approach. If I look at the FPL screen it shows the direct leg as active and the approach WPTs starting with SIYON below. What I expected here is that it would have made a new leg from current position to SIYON. In reading the GNS530 document linked in the mods POH it said to activate the approach. I do that and it plots a direct to to SIYON. While on the way to SIYON I set the VOR1 to 111.9 IBPM (LOC) and the OBS heading to 133. What happens at this point is the waypoints delete when I hit SIYON. It does not gradually turn me to a heading of 133 like I expected. The VOR approach works as if I manually fly it on course and hit APR it follows the GS just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Just a suggestion, put this post on their Discord channel if you use Discord, the developers are much more active there than here.

I’m definitely no expert on the 530, but this seems to happen when the FP is not complete, meaning that the departure airport was not designated. I’ve recreated your flight plan, first doing just the direct to as you described and saw the WPs disappear at the IAF. But doing it again, and adding the departure airport, when reacing SIYON the FP stayed put. I believe this is covered somewhere in the PMS documention.

Having said that, when the time comes, the new base 530/430 that is being done by Working TItle will be used by default.

Please feel free to contact us on discord WB Sim if you need any help with anything, as to not break forum rules.

FYI, you can run Discord in a web browser rather than running the client and it doesn’t monitor anything in that configuration.

3 Likes

Yep. That’s what I do too.

I wish they would do this to the Bonanza.

Can anyone give me a little guidance on how to uninstall this add-on? Is it as easy as deleting the folder?

You can uninstall it in “Apps & Features”, search for “172sp”.

1 Like