Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

It is an enhancement to the 172 already in there.

1 Like

congrats your a copy pasta expert

it also says:
“It is worth noting again that unfortunately, this enhancement mod is only available to those users who purchased the Premium or Premium Deluxe version of MSFS. Hopefully, we can see more enhancement packages like this for the Standard version of MSFS.” so I was making sure before i spent the cash that it wasn’t already included.

great, thank you!

You sure you don’t have any other mods that affect the 172?

OK removed this mod - money wasted.
It messes up with other installed packages in the sim and causes it either freeze on startup or take too long to start. even after removing content.xml (msfs recreates it)
Interesting fact, 172 variants with skis and floats now say they are from WB-Sim but the regular 172 is still textron.
As I said, all the screens in 172 are now blank - GPS, radio, AP, volts - none work.
Maybe this is a conflict with pms50-instrument-gtn750 but I am not sure. And I don’t want to investigate. AFAIK, gtn750 is not used in stock 172.
The lighting of instruments also does not work.
Cabin light looks like coming from a headlamp on the pilot’s head.
Removed this mod - and 172 is working again :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to give the instruction manual a read.

The blank screens are normal. You have to turn the instruments on. This isn’t a default aircraft where everything is on by default.

Also, many 3rd party liveries that work with the Microsobo C172 Classic don’t work with this plane and must be converted.

3 Likes

Contact support. I can assure that this mod works perfectly fine alongside my other 44 installed aircraft (not even counting freeware) without any ill effects. I currently have no custom liveries installed, though.

And make sure you have the regular steam gauge C172 that comes with the Premium/Deluxe versions of MSFS. This mod is NOT for the G1000 version (the only C172 that comes with the Standard version). Just to make sure that’s perfectly clear. :wink:

3 Likes

Not sure why I cant create an account on their discord. ENDLESS questions re: “Click all pictures showing a horse.” Must have tried 20 times. Oh well…effing captcha.

1 Like

Bet you clicked a pony by mistake :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thanks for the input, though I had already realised that WB-Sim was the developer after I arrived in this thread and read it before posting :laughing: I also looked for videos on YouTube, filtered for “in the last week” but only found one German-language video. Guess it depends on the specific wording, but I will watch Forder’s video linked above (as mentioned in my last post).

Thanks Scott. It looked like an unusual oversight for JF so just wanted to mention. Appreciate the feedback and adjustment. :+1: The release did seem to come out of the blue which certainly explains it!

Maybe some don’t, but I quite enjoy the JF pre-release marketing :wink: I’m quite choosy in what I purchase, so as to avoid “buy-everything-but-fly-nothing” syndrome, but doesn’t stop me ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the modelling and features included in every product. I’ve drooled over the 146 quite a bit :heart_eyes:

I used to love DCS until I owned more than 5 modules. Now I wish I had only 1 or 2 in the hangar again :rofl:

You need to remove any existing 172 liveries as many will not be compatible.

Sounds like YOU have a PC problem… Content.xml , Freezing – that’s NOTHING to do with any Mod…

I would suggest what is UNFINISHED" is your description of the issue you alone, seem to be having … assuming you are really seeking any help from the Community, or are just on a Complying rant …

BTW. No content.xml … sound like you are on SU10 Beta ?

3 Likes

Just to be clear here – whose discord are you talking about …
(assuming it is really a Discord sever you are tryng to join … I don’t recall even ONE Discord sever having a “captcha” restriction to join ???

2 Likes

Unfortunately, All is not as it should be in the Free-for-All Livery market.

For example, many Liveries, unnecessarily overwrite files in the Planes’ folder structure, that need not be overwritten, often with “OLD”, dates, earlier SU version of that plane’s files, (That may have been current when the Livery was written) effectively reverting that plane back to a previous, outdated version.

The WB-SIM Discord server provides (Free to all) some examples of C172 Steam Liveries written more correctly, that do NOT unnecessarily overwrite the newer SU version files of existing planes, that can be used as an example to write better, more stable Liveries, that are not so likely to fail, when their planes are updated.

There is a lot more to making a Livery, that wielding a paintbrush in Gimp !!

1 Like

lol There’s nothing unfinished. It just seems that RTFM may be this person’s strong suit.

If it goes beyond the “jump in and fly” of default level planes, it’s over some peoples’ heads. Like when the Aerosoft CRJ was released, there was endless whining by some folks that it didn’t work right because people weren’t reading the manual for proper startup procedures.

2 Likes

im lost here Jay, cant see that option

i see a folder on Config saying pms50-gns530

There is no option. If you have the 172SP Addon installed, everything is already included by default. This includes the special PMS Version and the special Kap140 version. YOu have to do nothing.

1 Like

I have MS store version and it works fine, I did not see any reference to steam only when i purchased

Also you mod for TDS works on this?

1 Like

WBSim. The one linked in the 8-page “manual.”