Just Flight announces 172sp Classic Enhancement mod for MSFS

Just tested that and it does. Couldn’t start either battery or avionics.
Definitely recommend deleting the folder specified above.

I got the same thing when I was flying the REP 172 for X-Plane.

1 Like

Thank you @JayDee628

Your Mod is a GREAT MOD for the original, basic Asobo C172 Classic, but as you point out, it was designed specifically to Mod that Original Plane, and for so many technical reasons, it is unreasonable to expect it to Modify and already Modified Plane.
Trying to FORCE a GTN750 into the already WB-SIM plane Modded C172 Steam, is NOT going work – you have to choose either

(a) C172 Steam with a JayDee6281 with an added GTN750

or

(b) C172 Steam, enhanced with the WB-SIM mod, with a custom GNS530/430, and a very much enhanced set of Instrument, gauges, that work in a near study level manner, very close to their manufacturers manuals.
This allow one to realistically practice and fly the plane, in a very similar simulated SYSTEMS to flying the real plane, and giving the ability to re-enforce lessons taught by a real world CFI, or learnt at your “Sim Pilot” self taught pace, in MSFS

Two very different “OPTION”, and you have the choice as to which one you want to take, each time you start up MSFS.

The best of Both worlds, and step closer, in the Sim, to simulating a Real World C172.

At least now, one has a CHOICE, something that did not exist for the MSFS Cessna C172 classic, before the introduction of the WB-SIM C172SP Enhancement Package, distributed by Just Flight.

For anyone else interested, that Qref for the C172 is still available –

https://www.qref.com/shop/cessna-172s-skyhawk-sp-multi-page-qref-checklist/

I like it as well. And lately, they’ve been killin’ it :slight_smile:

So nobody using a multi panel with this plane? or any external hardware?

The Air-Manager guys that have this Mod are using it with Air Manager, and throughtout the Mod’s development, it was designed to be Air Manager Compatible, as well as Stream deck, X Touch Mini, and various other Joystick & Yoke systems. Also Compatible with both AAO , Spad-Next and FSUIPC.

A full list of Events & variable are in the documentation, that should allow you to interface to most hardware you own, or may acquire in teh future

Note: In order to make some of the Instrument work correctly, a few of the OLD Asobo default Events & Variable have been changed, to allow a more thorough and correct interface to those external hardware devices.

Example: Instead of having the external Hardware control the light variable or event directly, the better way to control the lights is to have the External hardware turn the rotary dials in the VC, which in turn control the lights.

When the original design of all this was done before MSFS release, it would appear (I Guess !!), that not a lot of consideration was NOT given to the Sim being controller by the vast array of external hardware that are now available,

A quick search of this forum will find many posts, dealing with the issues of connecting to External Hardware with the limited assigned Asobo Events & Variables, and the struggle that those hardware Interface developers and users are having getting a better interface into the SDK.

Hi Where is the folder I should delete?

If you have it, it will be in your Community Folder.

Thx for the explanation. Great that you have included this in the documentation. I have bound most of them but the Lvar for glareshield light intensity is not working for me?
I also wondered if there is an Lvar to control the status display on the ADF?

Technical support is provided in the WB-Sim Discord, as it is not permitted here in the MSFS forum. (MSFS Forum rules)

The only answer I’ve gotten for an issue with my Honeycomb Bravo is to get Spad.Next, which I’m not going to buy for 1 rotary dial setting, I’ll just live with it I guess.

1 Like

yeah same here. Same thing i mentioned when they told me to get spad.next or something similar

My multipanel always worked with all aiplanes including 414, 310R, Caravan etc… out of the box

dont want to spend the money that is 2x more than the plane to get a software just to make a knob work.

Maybe they should update the plane in some way that make this work? not sure if thats possible

What’s frustrating for me, the default airplane has the functionality, as well as the KAP-140 AP mod they said they based theirs on, but not this version of the KAP-140. Not a showstopper for me, I bought MSFS to fly the 172, so happy they made a mod with realism settings, just wish their default answer wasn’t to buy a 3rd party software to make it work.

1 Like

Yeah, i agree with you here.

Must be a way that they make it work. They said none of the other planes have the KAP140 exaclty like the real thing, but in the other side i cant undestand why doesnt work with external hardware like all other planes. Here everything works on the Saitek Multipanel but the Knobs. Even when i use the KAP 140 mod on the panel i see it chaging the ALT on my Saitek but i cant use the knob. I was told to use the plane KAP knob, but kinda makes no sense since i got this panel to use it :wink:

1 Like

yes, I understand. Probably more frustrating for you, since it ‘sort’ of works. For me I use a lot of the buttons and knobs with my mouse anyway, this is just one more than I’d have liked. And it’s the Altitude Select for me, all the other settings on the rotary dial work as advertised.

i did panel mod for GTN750/650 and default KAP140 to work with Logitech panels and other external hardware without need to use 3rd party software. Try it and let me know if it works. I did short flight and seems to work for me. You need JD’s mod for GT750! ZZZ JD 01 MAIN - GTN750 & GTN650 1.25.1 recommended.
It is only for wheel version for now.
GTN750_C172 Classic.zip

1 Like

A great mod, congratulations! It really took a long time to finally have a C172 in MSFS2020 that feels almost like real life.
I do not mind gimmicks like opening doors, if the plane feels and works like a real Cessna.
The last flight model from Asobo was already pretty good, but now also the procedures are finally correct.
I have around 60 hrs real on a C172R and have flown only X-Plane for a long time because of the flight model, now the whole thing also works in MSFS2020 with nice graphics, thank you very much for that!

5 Likes

Ah! I should have supplied a link!

Thanks for doing that.
For anyone that needs to know, there’s also a UK source that you can get these from, if the US site is somehow not suitable for your needs:

I’ve got altitude select working on the multiple panel after following the manual guide via spad next works fine :+1: