Just Flight announces the Avro RJ series for MSFS

There’s a difference between “we put new engines on it”, and “we put new wings on it” when it comes to the mind numbing and horribly time-consuming tedium of physics tuning. I suspect the problem for JF is going to be that there’s more work going in than will appear to have been done for customers ( end-user experience is partially what I was getting at previously - it was a miserably hot day & I wasn’t elucidating properly though ). Possibly not putting a FMS in the 146 would have been a good move, that’d be an immediate & rather large difference getting in the RJ.

2 Likes

Noh I get that though. It’s why I never fly with the FMS in the 146. THat’ll come later. I enjoy all the manual work too much for now.

Once it comes with Autothrust and VNAV, I wanna compute things into it too.

1 Like

I actually like the TMS too, most of the things I fly are entirely manual so that’s actually fun to mess with, more so than autothrust. All I really want is a bigger ASI ( which I’m not sure will actually come with the RJ ) and the bigger engines ( and perhaps TACAN in the RAF 146s ). I’ll get the RJ anyway if only to enourage working on other cool things, but I do actually wonder how much I’ll fly it vs the 146. Maybe if it’ll fly approaches properly :slight_smile:

Bit curious if the original 146 came with that inop VNAV button.

1 Like

It did, presumably planned for a future upgrade like the ‘MLS’ autopilot button on the RJ which also serves no purpose. This is from the real-world 146 FCOM:

VNAV

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Which FMS will the new Avro RJ get?

Will it be the same as the 146 Rockwell Collins Pro Line? Or what does the RJ actually use?

Currently I only do VOR to VOR & NDB, just wondering if it’s worth learning the 146 FMS in preparation for the RJ…

Thanks

I think the RJ has a Honeywell GNS-XLS, I was looking around a while back.

1 Like

We’ll be including the later GNLU-910 FMS in our RJ.

Martyn - Just Flight

6 Likes

Following the questions about how the RJ differs from the 146, I’ve put together an overview of those differences: Just Flight - What's the difference between our forthcoming RJ Professional for MSFS and the Just Flight 146?

The high res screenshots can be found on our Facebook page.

Martyn - Just Flight

9 Likes

Thanks Martyn, it looks awesome. I can’t wait to get hold of this stunning machine.

2 Likes

There’s certainly enough of a difference here to warrant purchasing, it looks brilliant. The 146 is fantastic as it is, but this just adds an extra dimension to it. The added bonus of a discount for 146 owners just means it is a surefire day one purchase.

3 Likes

Martyn, are you planning on doing a YouTube video series for the RJ like with the 146? They were really good, and really useful.

2 Likes

Yes, we’ll be bringing you plenty of RJ videos as development progresses.

Martyn - Just Flight

4 Likes

Is there any news on a release date? Looking forward to this one. Still loving the Bae 146 at the moment.

1 Like

You can follow these development updates:

Just Flight - RJ Professional

If I have alreay got 146 from marketplace, will the RJ have a discount price?

Interesting question.

If you bought it directly from Just Flight it is a very simple matter to apply a discount code but I’m not sure if this is even possible with Market Place purchases.

I remeber Asobo said that marketplace will support the discount function for this situation but not sure when will they release it

Any discounts in sight for those who already own the BAE 146 ?

It’s been confirmed several times.

1 Like

Good news thank you… I’m not following Dev’s stuff a lot so I’m not aware of everything.