Just Flight Fokker 100

Looks very similar to the Airbus A310 inside.

This is hot on my list, it looks superb. The choice of airliners keeps growing day by day

2 Likes

Airbus poached a lot of Fokker’s engineers in the 1980’s. The similarities between Fokker and Airbus are amazing.

3 Likes

Seems like the cockpit modelling/texturing is better done on the Fokker 100 than on their F28.
Do other people also feel that? Likely the F28 was started earlier when they didn’t fully master MSFS modern techniques. It has a “this is a texture that’s made to look like it is scratched metal but is actually flat” vibe, typical of earlier sims. The Fenix is stellar in that regard for giving volume to materials.

We’ve made some significant changes to our F28 cockpit artwork in recent weeks, so both the F28 and F100 are very similar in terms of detail and realism.

Martyn - Just Flight

15 Likes

I really hope you guys nailed the RR Spey sounds for the F28! Can’t freaking wait for that plane!

1 Like

Wow have to also admit this will probably be a day 1 purchase for me. When is day 1??

3 Likes

+1 here. Awesome plane. Have the CRJ serie but this will be something different again.

Do we get a mid-year development update?

I really hope to get some fresh news
I need something new in my hangar😄

Finally we get a few planes with the stylish rear-mounted engines and T-tail design only the eighties could deliver.

Aircraft developers nowadays have fully abandoned rear-mounted engines and T-tails not because of deep stalls and bad center of gravity because this design looks too good and too sharp! :smiley:

Not quite so as far as I can tell. At least regional and private jets may still favor that.

We have approximately 3-4 months of systems coding work left. In the meantime we will shortly be showing some previews of the brand new cabin and galley.

Martyn - Just Flight

17 Likes

thanks for the small update!

You are going to enhance the cabin even more? :slight_smile:
Ah I absolutely love it when good airplanes get a lot of love and attention (before and even after release) with many enhancements.

1 Like

the virtual cabin is not so important for me personally but the rolls royce sounds have to be perfect😍

Really looking forward to this one. Maybe a year end release. I loved the Fokker-100/70 from Digital Aviation back in FS2004. Shame it was never fully finished, but even with 2d it was a joy to use.

The aircraft has so much character, looking forward to using in on some short and medium hops.

1 Like

I’ve worked on the F100 in the early 90’s as assembler. Can’t wait for the release obviously. Any rough indication when it releases?

They’ve said end of the year if all goes to plan. I remember the wing assemblies being flown out of Shorts on Belfast’s sometimes. Used to watch them from my bedroom window back in the day. Flew on one from Schiphol to Bremen and the F70 a couple of times too with KLM. Loved them. :+1:

End of the year would be awesome. Then I can choose between Classic 757 or Fokker😄

Tomorrow I will spot one of the last active Fokkers in europe.:heart_eyes:

1 Like