Just Flight Piper Arrow III looks so good!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I wonder why this is not a basic feature of the sim to optionally save the state…
Will try it out :slight_smile:

No question I’m buying the Turbo as soon as it arrives
I’m happy with state saving, but I honestly don’t know if the engine is on on startup because I always turn off everything after every flight. After CTD I think it just reverts to what it was set to at the end of the last flight ie. the last time you shut it down prior to the CTD flight.

And there we go, here as well CTD at the end of a +1 HR flight, airport in sight, after the update

I have experimented more with the oil quantity issue. It seems that you have to click the label “Oil quantity:” in front of the quantity or alternatively at the very left end of the quantity box itself. Then it works all the time and with just one click.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll give that a try and report back!

Edit: I checked and yes that works.

Thanks very much!!

One thing I noticed yesterday on a flight with the Arrow. When I pull the propeller control the rpm reduces until approximately 2200 - 2300 rpm at 71% lever position. If you keep pulling the prop lever further the rpm does not decrease any further. It’s like the propeller hit the fine stop already. I was flying at 5500ft and I was trying to set 75% power. Then I noticed when I decent the rpm and the plane picks up speed the engine rpm speeds up as well. Even though the prop lever is set to 2200rpm. That’s not correct behavior.

Anyone else noticed that?

All of a sudden my DME display won’t light up. I suspect the update, anyone else see this issue?

It was working fine for me yesterday. I use the old radio stack with the old GPS (g100?) and never turn it on. Not sure about any other setup.

Did you slide the little switch to the ON position?

I reinstalled the Arrow and now it is working.

1 Like

Hello,

I made a quick mod for those who are freaked out ( like me ) by the tiny children hands all over the windshield :slightly_smiling_face:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KfQyfa0uVGCaGHgkUNrClNzfh_OXPA6n?usp=sharing

Just drop the new textures in the texture folder of the aircraft.!

Screenshot are in the folder if you want to check before downloading. It’s mostly for VR users.

Best,

S

2 Likes

Don´t know if this is the right place but anyway, If someone can help or redirect me :slight_smile:
I use the payware Arrow III, nice plane.
But I get gyro drift (with a HSI and “compensate for gyrodrift - on” (or whatever it says).

It´s just painful to see after a few hours of flight, my HSI is about 30 degrees off.
Anyone knows a fix for this?
See image - compare HSI to compass.

That looks like the Carenado Arrow, so there might be some issue with it. Try pressing D. That used to be the shortcut in FSX to fix the gyro drift.

That’s a HSI, not a DG so gyro drift shouldn’t affect it. (IRL they are connected to a compass to align themselves, which is why there is no knob to correct it)
Definitely a bug with the plane and should be reported to Carenado

1 Like

Quick question. Did you use slew mode to orient yourself at any time on that flight?

I haven’t retested this recently, but there was a bug where if you spawned, then you used slew mode to spin your plane about, that pressing D did not orient the compass correctly. In other words, it remember you heading before slew mode, and no longer referenced your actual heading.

Hi.
No slew mode - I been noticing this a few times for longer flights ( above 1h) and it corresponds quite nicely to ordinary gyrodrift…
A HSI should not be affected by that.
Will report it to Carendado.

1 Like

Yepp, flying with a HSI IRL and I love it :slight_smile:
Will report it to them, thx.

1 Like

Hi Venske88,
did you get any response on your request ? I have exactly the same Prob.
Thanks in advanced

Maybe this would be a conversation better had on Carenado’s forum, where they can be aware of it and respond to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have the same issue I would suggest reporting it using Carenado’s bug reporting system so they are aware it is affecting more people.

I wouldn’t expect to hear back about it any time soon though - I sent them a number of bug reports the week the addon was released and those bugs still haven’t been fixed. I think that’s the main advantage of getting this Just Flight version instead of the Carenado one - it’s a bit more expensive but they actively patch bugs and make improvements whereas Carenado seem to be more focussed on getting their products working “well enough” and not updating them any further.