Just Flight Piper Turbo Arrows vs Piper Arrow III

Here is a quick 4 minute video I did comparing the basic differences between the Piper Turbo Arrow III and IV vs the normally aspirated Piper Arrow III by Just Flight. I flew the Turbo Arrow IV in real life about 20 years ago for my commercial and CFI training so this was a fun video to do.

28 Likes

Many thanks for this comparison!

1 Like

Thanks for that. Answers several questions I had.

1 Like

This may help too, this reference list is now on the product page too.

Differences between the Turbo Arrow III/IV and the Arrow III

• The Turbo Arrow add-on includes two variants of the Arrow: the Turbo Arrow III (conventional tail) and the Turbo Arrow IV (T-tail)
  • The Turbo Arrows’ engine cowling, which houses the turbocharged TSIO-360, gives the aircraft a more sporty look (especially with the T-tail)
  • Blue/grey cockpit colour scheme on the Turbo Arrow III; tan on the Turbo Arrow IV
  • The cleaner, less worn cockpits of the Turbo Arrows reflect private ownership (versus the flying club ownership of Arrow III)
  • Turbocharged engine sounds and some cockpit sounds (e.g. fuel pump)
  • Differences in panel configuration – fuel primer push-button, two-position (high/low) fuel pump switch, engine instruments differ (EGT gauge, temperature and pressure indicators)
  • Differences in flight dynamics due to heavier engine and T-tail characteristics
  • High altitude performance of turbocharged engine – ideal for longer range flights with higher cruise altitudes
  • Turbocharger overboost failure simulation, giving you something else to manage (optional, depending on maintenance option)
6 Likes

Very good but I hope to have a huge discount for Arrow III owners.
Too similar planes

1 Like

I believe it is a 66% discount if you own the Arrow III by Just Flight.

2 Likes

And if they follow the pattern of the Arrow release, a 25% discount if you have the Turbo Arrow on another sim and bought directly from them.

1 Like

They announced that there will be a 66% discount if you own the non-turbo Piper Arrow already.

2 Likes

Love you channel thanks for that nice comparison!

1 Like

Have they added the volumetric lights and autopilot fixes for the turbo Arrow?
There are very simple community mods to fix both external lights and autopilot and it would be a shame to release the turbo arrow without those fixes.

Ps: the autopilot fix is the “jitter” for altitude hold

That’s an excellent presentation and exactly what most people want to see (especially those who already own the Arrow III version).

The new aircraft is a definite buy for me, as an improvement over P28R which quickly became my favorite equipment to fly. Not only because it’s one of the very few aircraft in the game that doesn’t cause any CTDs to me, but also because it’s a fantastic model and hugely entertaining to fly (even though I wasn’t into GA in the past).

My main gripe over P28R was its slow speed, as I was used to WT CJ4 or B350 and covering significant distances over relatively short times. I don’t care so much about VFR per se, as I just use any aircraft as a means to do OnAir missions and everything else is secondary to that. However the new turbo version is significantly faster which will improve things. I only hope MSFS is as stable with it as it is with the standard version.

2 Likes

Looked into this for you. Both should be included in the next Arrow III update and the Turbo Arrow from release. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Will it be mentioned maybe in the update change logs so that people don’t use those modes/improvements twice?

Lol that was quick!:+1:t2:

I flew the Turbo Arrow III last night on a 2 hour x-c after the update. I didn’t notice any differences after the update. It performs the same and performs well. It has become my favorite airplane on FS2020 for the time being. If flown high with a tailwind you can easily see 200+ knot ground speeds vs the normally aspirated Arrow III will struggle to get about 10-12K feet.

3 Likes

Now I’d like to purchase the arrow IV and exchange my arrow III license for the upcoming warrior II :smiley:

1 Like

I think I saw smoke from the engine during the start-up on one of the preview videos. Are you guys experimenting with particle effects? Are you going to implement it in all your aircraft, the non-turbo? Looking forward to that

1 Like

Yes and yes on that one.

3 Likes

I updated the changelog for my lights mod on flightsim.to already to inform all users about the integration of it in the upcoming 0.6.0 update of the Arrow III.
The other Mod which contains lots of changes will probably be continued to be updated, they will have to merge all the changes of the base addon into their files which is a regular task anyway for modders.

I think you might be disappointed on this one. Don’t expect a big difference in TAS in the same altitudes.
Climbing higher than 10.000ft is mainly useful for efficiency and long range flights or if you have mountains/clouds to avoid.

Looking forward to the launch tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would that mean -66% or 66/100%?

You pay 34% of the original price.

2 Likes