Kai Tak - AI traffic

So with Kai Tak, I have no reason to use Chep Lap Kok, since it’s nowhere near as fun.

But Kai Tak obviously won’t have AI by default. Is there a way to switch AI to VHHX? (Or if anyone is making a static aircraft package, that’d be fine too - I guess patience is a virtue?)

2 Likes

I think if you go with Live Traffic you will see other simmers in the area.

1 Like

Im curious on this too as the splash screen during start up of the sim clearly shows traffic at kai tak…
why have Asobo done this…was it a multi player office test and they thought lets show the people what they want but wont get.
am i missing something??
anyone else seen anything like the splash screen at kai tak?

also have the same question (non MP) is there anyway (the FS Traffic or AIG package for example) to get some proper traffic at Kai Tak?

Nobody is flying to Kai Tak nor Meigs as those airports are not operational nowadays, so live traffic won´t show any aircraft there. You would need to generate offline traffic schedules from/to those non-operational airports manually. If you have a third party app that allows to inject custom schedules that would also work, but you would still need to create those schedules or use somebody´s ones.

I think SDK documentation lacks the traffic portion but in principle that´s expected to follow similar formats as the ones used in FSX. Traffic files are still bgl files in MSFS however the traffic 3D models are not the same so I don´t think old FSX files will work in MSFS. You would still need to edit and re-complile them.

Cheers