Kai Tak IGS Glideslope too low

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

XBOX X .Kai Tak IGS Glideslope element takes you into Buildings and is set too low,using original freq111.90 ,also glideslope only appears at 7 DME.I have Kai Tak payware all Deleted .Is MSFS Kaitak only Visual for now?

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

VHHX

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Make approach

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

XBOX X

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Cannot reproduce. I easily cleared all the obstacles. The key is to stay on GS until OM13, and just before you get the Middle Marker warning on the PFD, begin the turn to 107 degrees Magnetic. Heck, you can see the enormous Rabbit Light Towers flashing their way towards the runway threshold the moment the O marker appears on your display.

Little Nav Map is proof in the pudding - look at my dashed lateral trail history.

I circled the Rabbit Light Towers in red out the canopy and the Middle Marker indicator in the PFD.

2 Likes

I noticed there was no igs 13 listed on 747 arrival page ,so just entered 111.90/088.It definitely
takes me below building height and is below 300 ft at checkerboard.Also as mentioned there is no glideslope element until approx 7 dme.Wonder if my deleted payware kai tak is affecting it somehow

1 Like

It’s listed as a GPS approach in the G3000. So the moment I entered the ILS cone between DS15 and OM13, I switched to LOC. GS was already armed so it picked up right away. You can see from that shot, I’m literally over Kowloon City and I have no obstacle clearance issues.

1 Like

The data is not in the 747 maybe that is affecting it,will try hjet .

As suspected doing same thing with Hjet on either GPS or loc 1 with 111.90 input.

You have something going on with your installation - you can see my GS diamond is even slightly high, but there’s plenty of clearance.

You’re arming GS just before DS15 right?

Can you confirm the freq is 111,90 that you use

Yes, ILS frequency is 111.90.

Well I am even trying with the 152 and it ploughs into buildings while showing right on the glideslope just like all the other aircraft I have tried tonight ,worked great with Model instruments kaitak prior to SU11.I also have Hong kong citytimes but its deleted at present.

Does the city in your installation look like mine - which is clearly Autogen until you get to the custom parts of the airport perimeter? If it doesn’t, that might mean your Payware is still cached. Clear your rolling cache.

Also - compare altitude at where I am vs where you would be. It’s clear that even though I’m slightly under the slope, I’m still nowhere near running into terrain.

I reinstalled Model instruments kai tak which worked fine .I have just deleted my already turned off cache just for luck ,I Uninstalled Model Instruments kai Tak again,shut down ,pulled power cord ,restarted,cessna 152 111.90 freq and the same problem is back again .The attached photo similarly positioned to yours showing the nav with the glideslope fully down at 500 ft,it would have crashed a long way back on the approach otherwise,I really dont want another full installation of MSFS again if I can help it.

Did you set your Baro for local pressure?

Because that altimeter is reading 1500’. At the turn to 107M and final you should be at 610’.

As you can see by my shot, I’m about 30’ below which corresponds to the slightly high GS diamond.

1 Like

Clear sky so standard pressure but would make no difference regarding the glideslope anyway because if I followed the glideslope needle I would be in the side of an apartment block a way back on the approach .My alt is showing 500’

We’ll, one of us is working and one isn’t. Not sure what to tell you, but looking at my numbers and the Approach Plate, that GS is working correctly. I mean, I landed so can’t say much more than that.

Thanks anyway

The small hand is still above 0, which is a thousand foot dial. 500 would be that small hand at 0.

Dont want to be annoying but my photo of altimeter is just above 500 ft

I read the altimeter as 510 ft.

Maybe a nav data difference? I’m just assuming Casual is using Navigraph and the OP has the stock nav data as he’s on Xbox?

I’d try this too if I had any free time to play SU11 :frowning:

Yep I’m on Navigraph, but remember, that’s an MS BGL defining Kai Tak. Navigraph doesn’t have it because it’s not there in the current AIRAC. So we’re both using the same data in this case. I confirmed with Richard that they have no data for revivals like Meigs. Someone will have to dig deep into the time machine to find specific data files from 2003 to get Chicago IAP.