Kennedy Space Center missing Vehicle Assembly Building and launch pads in USA Update?

I checked out Florida’s Kennedy Space Center last week before the update, and saw that the Vehicle Assembly Building and the launch gantry on pad 39A had correct dimensions but appeared as generic buildings. I checked today, after installing the new update that promises Kennedy Space Center, and while the visitor center looks nice the Vehicle Assembly Building appears to be missing or replaced with a very short 4-story building, and the launch pad and gantry at pad 39A are missing entirely.

Will report to Zendesk…

Did you download the actual USA update from the marketplace? It’s a seperate download

I sure did.

Yup. I have the same problem. Nothing to view and screens just like yours.

1 Like

You might want to try and complement the Asobo updates with Acktu’s SpaceX scenery (which pre-dates 11.6). I haven’t wandered down to Canaveral since the update pushed (I’m too busy checking out the mid-west), but they might complement each other since it seems most of the updates from Asobo are on the museum side?

2 Likes

Thanks for posting link to my scenery! :slight_smile: Yes, my addon works perfectly with the new USA update. Keep in mind I plan to add more to that scenery specifically more launch pads further down. I was also planning on adding the visitor’s center but thankfully Asobo did it and now I don’t have to. :sweat_smile:

Don’t forget to go looking for the two SpaceX boosters that are in their landed positions and also the mercury-redstone rocket. They are much smaller and hard to spot if you are not looking for them. :rocket:

5 Likes

I already found them! Redstone was not easy. Easily my favorite addon. Thank you!!!

1 Like

I can confirm, too. This is what the Vehicle Assembly Building looked like before the update. Didn’t look great, but at least a sizeable building, as it does in real life.

2 Likes

I just came onto this forum to say the same thing. Seems odd to go to all the effort of the visitors centre and miss out the launch pads and the assembly plant :confused:

1 Like

What I found really funny was that you can clearly see in your pic (and in my flight over the VAB today) that the shadow is being modelled correctly! That made me laugh a bit. I should try flying at the level that the building would be and see if there is a collision with an invisible building!

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Missing NASA Vehicle Assembly Building on Kennedy Space Center, Merritt Island

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

World Updates / Missing Iconic Places (only with screenshots)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Missing one of the leargest building on the whole planet

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

xbox

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

from begining

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

As I saw this post and how long ago the first posts were written, I understood that they (Microsoft and Asobo) dont give a “snack” at all about that, and we only can dream about any updating, so a waste of time, sad. PC users can easy apply any add-ons, but unfortunately Xbox users have to accept only basic sponge cake without the cream and the cherry. :man_facepalming::pensive:

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Nope!

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yep!

Brief description of the issue:

Despite being part of a hand-made piece of scenery the actual Vehicle Assembly Building of the Kennedy Space Center is just a flat warehouse in MSFS

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Lat: 28.587310 Long: -80.647436 Near KTTS

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to the coordinates listed above, look for a flat building that’s casting a massive shadow

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I’m going to list my graphics settings relevant to terrain and buildings instead:
Data Connection: all options On
Terrain Settings: all on Ultra or High

PC Specs irrelevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes. It has a real nice shadow of a tall building, but no tall building there!

1 Like

After the most recent SU12 Beta update, I saw I had a bunch of Content Manager updates, and one of the “new” /updated POIs on the World Map is for KSC. Unfortunately, this iconic place is still terrible. No VAB, a tall skinny office-tower looking block for the Fixed Service Structure at LC39A, and the rest of the Space Coast is no better except for Patrick AFB (or is it SFB these days?).

sigh