KHAF - Half Moon Bay

Finally, someone has done my home airport! Can’t wait to fly this one.

1 Like

Sure wish they would do Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (my hometown) and maybe KWVI :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a coincidence, was just flying around there for the first time yesterday, and thought to myself, what a lovely home airport this would be!

1 Like

Short review is now posted on Sim Market.
I forgot to mention that it’s frame rate friendly.

SC is my hometown as well, although I’m working overseas now. Did my PPL at KWVI :wink:

I was working on KWVI for P3D and still have the models - was waiting for United Flight to finish construction on their hangar… Have a WiP Frazier Lake as well.

2 Likes

I would have preferred to wait for Orbx to port their version - this one looks ok… pretty decent building modeling + signage, but ground textures look pretty default ( hard pass for me ). ‘In focus’ screens of the runway, taxiways and parking lot + overview are suspiciously absent.

1 Like

This is a very good representation of KHAF. I have to say I’m very pleased with not just the airport proper, but the surrounding area, the Harbor, the USAF radar station, the San Mateo Sheriff’s driver training area to the Mobile Home Park on the West side of the airport. Close examination of the buildings will show largely accurate and detailed signage, including for the now defunct Three-Zero Cafe. My sole criticism is that there should be more fishing boats in the harbor as it is a working harbor supporting an active fishery. Do not let that deter you as the airport and its environs are very nicely done. A great little airport from which to base your explorations of the SF Bay area and Northern California. (Full disclosure: I did receive a complimentary copy for having contributed some photography to this project.)

1 Like

I’m in Aptos and use KWVI in the sim quite a lot. It would be awesome to have a custom version if you get time!

Thinking about signing up at United Flight for PPL training too.

1 Like

How are the ground textures? That’s starting to be a sore point with me on other sceneries - devs are putting in full interiors with everything up to working toilets, but using lousy default ground textures and markings :stuck_out_tongue:

You should definitely do a demo flight with them… I guess SC Flying Club is still around? I did my PPL there when they first opened, but United Flight had a decent reputation if I remember.

After I moved back to the area after college, I used to fly with Two Genes - also long gone.

If you do your full PPL there, you’ve got some fun options for your solo x/c flights. Also, you’ll learn how to set your watch to the afternoon fog at KWVI :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, SC Flying Club looks like they still have a website and there were a few somewhat recent updates but they don’t show any planes. I’ll investigate them as well. Hoping COVID didn’t make them gone too.

Fog is definitely a factor around here.

My home base airport in P3D and now MSFS.

I didn’t wait for the ORBX version which I had for P3D. No regrets. This version for MSFS is just as good. MP Scenery did a really good job here.

My copy of MP Scenery KHAF just got upgraded moments ago. I’m trying to figure out what changes were made. Does anyone know where I can get that info?

The solution to a lack of boats or ships: is to use Seafront’s Global Shipping and Lorby’s WAMA (Where Are My Aircraft). I inserted dozens of boats, cruise ships, container and cargo ships, fishing boats, trawlers, ferries and a destroyer and a coast guard boat or two between KMRY and SF Bay. Bonus: WAMA also enables ground vehicles to move around KHAF based on route anyone can easily design. :slight_smile:

Next to-do: figure out if I can insert aircraft carriers! Hehehe

1 Like

Maybe on the Sim Market page?

MP Scenery has a Discord channel. It’s in Portuguese but Murillo is bi-lingual. You might ask there.

glad to hear KHAF is pretty decent - I might pull the trigger and pick it up.

good lord man, just use Henrik’s mod - it’s so much better… 1000+ ships vs 5 copy/paste Turbosquid models :wink:
Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V2 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Yes, I agree. The Henrik’s models are great. BUT, the problem is the mod doesn’t have ship wakes, and I’m tired of waiting for Asobo to add that functionaility. In comparison ,Seafront’s ships already has them.

Can you please persuade him to do other Bay Area airports? :grinning:

Suggestion: KSQL (San Carlos) and KMRY (Monterey).

1 Like

I do wish he would.

What is his channel in Discord?

MP Scenery. His user tag is MuriloPrado #2003. Nice guy.