King Air C90 by BT Studio

Well the check is in the mail just do not try to cash it !!!

I like the fact that you give the developers a fair shake, even if the first product they put out was sub par. It gives them a chance to raise the bar and understand they can’t just keep putting out bad products. I am surprised it even got in the marketplace

1 Like

Understand your frustration Jeremy. I’d just like to say that I always look forward to your reviews when something new comes out. Big respect man, and thanks for all you’ve done (hopefully, that could be changed to say ‘done so far’) :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Avsim is a place I frequently visit but never would want to have an account there.

Well if the new way is to just review stuff that is deemed worthy, that’s equally helpful, I believe. Stuff you don’t buy just isn’t worth it. I mean that’s as good as a review.

I’m very glad you review so much. I can trust your reviews. Not like some youtubers that get the planes for free and cannot give a bad review without losing their chance on more free stuff in the future.

2 Likes

I also greatly appreciate what you have contributed to this community. And if you elect to slow it down with regard to the purchasing and testing of aircraft, then I for one would fully understand and support your rationale in that decision.

It was one thing when add-ons were few. But that has clearly changed. As momentum kicks in, it simply comes to a point where you need to reassess your time priorities. Flight Simulation will be around for a long time, but our children grow quickly. Choose your time wisely my friend.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why people get so grumpy about avsim. Every other forum/reddit has similar issues from time to time.

This community needs more independent people like you, who give us the first impressions about releases.
I like your reviews even if I don’t buy most of the products. And I’m sure your time for testing and commenting saved many other from wasting their money or the other way encouraged them to get the product they were interested in.

Thank you for all you’ve done to the community so far and I hope you gonna continue helping us somehow.

1 Like

rancor and derision directed at each other over what is clearly a mistake by ASOBO / MSFS in not certifying Marketplace addons is counterproductive as well as a very damaging collateral effect of their failure to certify as ‘fit for use’ as a bare minimum requirement of all such addons.
It is clear that developers of such additions are benefitting from MS’s implied support and that, when they are clearly unfit, it generates ill will - not only by the community toward MSFS and these developers - but even between the community at large. THAT should be observed as a huge RED FLAG to the man in charge.
Why this situation would be allowed to continue this way is dumbfounding

2 Likes

Since I could not get confirmed that MS / Asobo does any sort of testing on these Marketplace addons, I decided early on I would never buy anything there.

Strangely enough some people seemed okay with that lack of oversight, in a recent discussion about the Marketplace and quality.

Not sure if they would feel the same way after buying a failure like this.

4 Likes

@BostonJeremy77 It will definitely be a sad loss to this Community. I for one are among the many who had always been looking forward to your review every time. It has always been mere minutes after release and provided an invaluable service to the community. Alerting people where there’s a need.

How many people are willing to spend their own money and time for this service?

That is now all gone thanks to the “new” generation though insults and thoughtless comments. Pathetic.

Ever grateful for what you had done for us. Thank you.

Athena

3 Likes

I am not dying, so no sad losses imminent. :wink: I am just gonna be a lot less willing to purchase things JUST for the sake of a review. If I happen to buy something, I will throw in my two cents as usual. You just won’t see me reviewing things for the sake of it. So… next time Virtualcol or BT Studio release their next “masterpiece”, you won’t be hearing from me.

8 Likes

Ok Jeremy since I cant bribe you with money how about a gift certificate to BT Studios to keep up with your reviews ?? :slight_smile:

Avsim are a hard audience and they have a fair share of trolls They often seem to like popping into threads about a new product just to announce smugly they would never buy it for example.

Sometimes even proudly announcing they do not even own MSFS and it is a toy game for idiots that would not know a real simulation if they fell over it.

You need a thick hide to post regularly on Avsim. Just ignore them and carry on.

2 Likes

Ok Jeremy since I cant bribe you with money how about a gift certificate to BT Studios to keep up with your reviews ??

Only if I can offer you a gift certificate to the local plague dealer to test drive a brand new contagion immune to all forms of treatment.

■■■■ seems like a fair swap considering that last plane they put out !

1 Like

All kidding aside do what Edamllamb said

1 Like

Your reviews are great reading. I may not understand of a lot of stuff in them cause i just start on runways and fly around. But the details you include are great

I am well-aware of the weird thing they have there. They also have separate forums for the different sims and once in a while major supporters of one sim like to jump into the forum for another sim to make declarations about the superiority of their preferred platform. And sometimes that person happens to be a forum moderator! It’s a great place! :wink:

For something that has a potential to be a uniting presence that attempts to find common ground among all of us who are into flight simulation, it instead acts as a divisive cesspool of negativity and intolerance for each other.

SO… THE KING AIR… IS IT GETTING FIXED YET? @StevenPearce833 - is that your baby?
Are you able to incorporate the changes outlined by the folks from Working Title earlier in this thread to make it compatible?

1 Like

My sincere apologies for the incompatibility with the Working Title CJ4; it’s something that never showed up with the project in Dev Mode with the WT mod installed, so I had not considered as a possible issue. I will work on a fix and submit it to Microsoft on Monday.

For those waiting for news on the Kitfox; it is being rebuilt from scratch, the criticism was so harsh that the project felt irredeemable.

17 Likes

Ok. Let’s just fix it one at a time… :wink: If you need help with a concise list of issues with the Kitfox, I am more than happy to provide a list of points. I don’t even think it needs to be rebuilt from scratch. But it has major issues under the hood that prevent it from being flown like a STOL aircraft.

This one? Let’s get it to be compatible with WT CJ4 and to have enough power to take off. I am willing to help you test and identify things if you need help. There was no excuse to release projects in that state, man… but there is enough foundation to make it good. Onward and upward

8 Likes