King Air C90 by BT Studio

Per the Moderators’ request, I have removed my post with a list of issues and suggested fixes (by WT) from this main thread and DMed the dev directly with it as that does not violate the rules. As long as your DM does not violate the Code of Conduct in its content, that was suggested as an intermediate way of providing reports to him. I have yet to receive any sort of acknowledgement from him, however. If he was promising the fix to be uploaded a week ago and yesterday he apparently had no idea what the bugs are, I am not sure what work could have been done. I don’t think he is serious about any of this - how else could you read this entire thread and have trouble figuring out what the issues with the aircraft are, especially considering Matt from Working Title has posted what some of the biggest issues were and how this could have been avoided.

@StevenPearce833 - I suggest that if you really want users to be able to report issues to you that you create some sort of support channel for them - be it e-mail, a website, whatever. You are the only aircraft developer I know of that doesn’t have ANYTHING set up besides your presence here on the forum.

4 Likes

I have tried to find some product information on the BT C90 but I can’t find anything, I guess I have to start up MSFS and open the marketplace as there is no website or anything. @StevenPearce833 What is the plan for this product, is it gonna remain a Frankensteined together Beech 350 with CJ4 avionics? Or is it supposed to become study level at some point? To what level is it supposed to represent its real world counterpart? It is a long time since I’ve flown the Kingair but if someone needs any help during development or has questions let me know, maybe I can be of some help. I also have the manuals if needed, just send me a DM.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your cooperation. I’ve escalated this to the Community Managers to see if there are other actions available. Please continue to keep your powder dry as they say, and DM the vendor for now.

6 Likes

The update for CJ4 compatibility has been submitted to Microsoft today, so assuming no unforeseen circumstances should be out Thursday 22nd. My apologies for the misunderstanding on support; I had assumed the “Support Email” field would show up in-game, but I now understand that will not happen until a future update.

Please email support@btstudio.zendesk.com with bug reports and support requests.
I’m open other ideas to aide communication, what works well for you with other developers?

2 Likes

Discord is good and it seems popular with dev’s and customers alike.

I have had a good experience interacting on FB page for some developers in terms of support. But if you are serious about this and are planning to make more aircraft, a website would be nice.

1 Like

i think whats popular with customers, and less of a headache for devs, is to release a fully baked, functional aircraft thats graphically on par with the rest of msfs rather than the lazy cash grabs we’ve seen so much of lately

3 Likes

The problem is definitely the WT CJ4. I keep looking for a patch for the c90, so far, crickets.
Guess I will have to fly the KingAir for a while and wait for the conflicts to get worked out.

Im an eye-candy type of guy and i’ve been doing some flights with this thing around florida this afternoon and its pretty good, basically another CS type of deal with the systems just coming from another airplane and pasted ontop of a new exterior, from the experience i’ve gathered in it so far i like it, allthough there is a bug in the electrical system that i noticed and dissapeared after i reloaded the aircraft using the dev menu. here are some shots because i havent seen many in the thread yet

2 Likes

Just for information purposes, here is my buddy’s KA C90 dash with his first Chelton installation, and the more recent G1000NXI upgrade.

Is this Plane fixed yet? As in has there been a patch for it yet?

Just bought it today and still same issue. My installed version is 1.0.0. So should we wait for an upgraded version that actually fly or we go directly to a refund page?
Thank you

It hasn’t been fixed yet. No patches have come through so far.

Marvellous. What did it cost again? But the point is…they have had that money for nearly 3 weeks now, and what do I have? I wonder if they will let me have a few Airports and you know…Ill pay when I get around to it…

I dont blame the dev anymore… There is zero incentive to fix it. MS need to get their act together regarding getting stuff up in a timely fashion, I bet this will not happen on XBOX but whatever. Until garbage is blacklisted this is going to be the tale of the tape.

3 Likes

Supposedly, an update has been submitted. So in theory, we’re just waiting for the marketplace update on Thursday.

AAAAAND… another week rolls by and this supposed update is nowhere to be found. Because, of course.

4 Likes

No fix yet for the cj4 conflict?
Developers should mind those conflicts with other aircraft, even more with Asobo default aircraft.

Oh Well, this confirms, never buy from the in sim store, never buy anything day one except from a few developers, in fact it tells me just dont bother at all, nobody cares, nobody communicates, nobody does anything, we have no rights, just take our money regardless of the product working or not, makes us jump through hoops of 2 different vendors Steam / MS who have no idea what is going on… its all set up to not help us and not allow us to get our money back when we are sold utter garbage.

Pay today, fly whenever we can be bothered to fix/upload fix. Nice Job!

2 Likes

The update has been in the ingestion queue for one week now. Beyond submitting it, the rest is out of my control unfortunately.

2 Likes

Do you have a changelog for us so that we at least know what’s been fixed in the upcoming update?