King Air C90 by BT Studio

The latest info: 1.01 was not ingested by Microsoft in time for yesterdays batch of updates. So now we are going straight to 1.02 on 27th alongside the SU5/Xbox launch. 1.02 brings the avionics up to date with WorkingTitle CJ4 0.12.6 for compatibility with SU5.

4 Likes

Will this solve the conflict with the default cj4 cockpit?
Or will the mod still not be a standalone product?
I don’t use WT cj4 mod, and the c90 changed my default cj4 cockpit, in a way that makes the cj4 unflyable.

Yes, it solves the conflict.

Great thnx. :-))
I enjoy the c90 very much.

On the fence on this one, thinking I’m going to wait and see. I hope it will not disappoint.

Stay on the fence…Do not buy just yet

2 Likes

I have the plane. Hope the update works!

Here is a video, looks like a nice plane and the visuals are good…but hmmmm… the cockpit looks like having half of it´s instruments missing.

1 Like

Hi everyone. The update is out now. The product is also available on Xbox.

Regards,

Steven Pearce

BT Studio.

2 Likes

Thanks Steve. Did the update and the plane is more responsive.

I forgot to mention it in the patch notes I think, but I tweaked the prop drag such that the model flies closer to published speeds.

1 Like

Gonna go test in a few!

Findings:

• Pitot Heat warning is on despite both Pitot Heaters being on

I am not sure if the following is a CJ4 issue or a C90 issue, as I haven’t tested CJ4 yet since the update but here we go:

• Any changes to flight plan in the FMS do not reflect on the PPOS mode on the MFD. Still shows the old flight plan. As a matter of fact, after reaching the waypoint before the modification, the aircraft just flies straight and doesn’t go to the next waypoint in the FMS - it’s also not reflected on what it THINKS it should go to, because the old waypoint is still listed as next and the distance simply increases. The only way to correct is to use HDG mode.
  • I feel it’s sluggish to gain speed on takeoff - I needed almost all of the runway to reach 120 knots. But this may or may not be accurate.

Other than these things, it’s an improvement. At least it flies. But I feel the avionics are a mess right now.

Gonna go test CJ4 on the same flight and see what happens.

2 Likes

I originally posted a review, but removed a lot of it as I wanted to wait for the SU5 update. Here are some observations after installing the update.

The nose wheel steering visual model / rigging is backwards. As you put in left pedal, the nose wheel turns right, but plane starts left turn.

Out of place standby EFIS (ESIS) (copy / paste from ProLine Fusion modeled in the 350)

No annunciator / warning panel:

And the warnings that were copied over from the CJ are all wrong. Pitot heat, parking brake for example. Also got incorrect gear warnings at times

Engine Instruments are copy / paste of the CJ4. A jet with fadec, and not a turboprop.

Normally on takeoff you are busy setting torque, making sure autofeather arms, checking prop RPM, etc. On this, you just shove the power up and it goes to 100% since it is modeled after a FADEC jet.

PFD / MFD menu controls are way off with how the real airplane operates (copy / paste of CJ4 - which doesn’t translate very well to the ProLine 21 installation in the King Air 90)

Many of the sub-panel toggle switches are a copy / paste of the default 350. Some are even blank since the 90 doesn’t have them (Prop gov test switches has a blank one where the 350 has a low pitch stop test switch).
Hydraulic Fluid test switch appears to be a 2 amp circuit breaker instead of a test button.
Blank toggle switch where the 350 has a brake de-ice switch

Environmental panel all wrong
Many switches left over from King Air 350 copy / paste (Cabin ALT warning test, window defog, fire extinguishers)

Overhead panel:

Speeds listed on the placard are all wrong (plus placard in wrong location).
200 kts for approach flaps?! Seems like this is an easy one to get right.

No bus selection rotary knob. No battery volt / amp indicator. Kinda important in this airplane.
Sim version has a AC Volt / frequency meter for some reason. This airplane doesn’t have an AC system

Haven’t had much desire to test the flight model. Seems underpowered on takeoff. Took about 1000’ more than book value on a quick, unscientific test. Tried some single engine stuff. Shutdown an engine, climb performance went to almost zero. Feathered the prop, and you would expect a big increase in performance. It still barely climbed. This was at 1,500’ MSL, ISA, and 1,000 lbs under gross weight, so the real airplane would climb decently.

Visual model looks good outside. Only 1 livery unfortunately. Paint stripes aren’t the straightest, but that’s minor.

Cockpit textures could use some work. Toggle switches are pretty blocky / low polygon with harsh reflections (IMO). The white outline on the bezel of the autopilot / flight guidance panel needs to go.

Sounds are inaccurate (warning sounds, autopilot disconnect, gear / flap motor, etc). Guessing they are stock.

Overall, lots of work needed on this one. Not super impressed. I know many of the items are being picky. But the price doesn’t reflect the quality of this add-on, IMO.

4 Likes

Just tested the CJ4. Yeah, the flight plan shenanigans are inherent to C90 only. I am gonna guess it’s because it shows up with a flight plan already as opposed to the CJ4 where it’s not loaded yet and you have to do it yourself.

Overall, this is nothing I’d want to fly again unless more work is done on it. It’s still a bad aircraft implementation. The difference is… it flies now and displays show stuff.

2 Likes

I cant even be bothered to try it. Its never going to see my SSD again. Pure trash.

1 Like

Well, to be fair, we asked for an update and we got it. It’s just broken… still.

2 Likes

True, but I am over it now. A day late and a dollar short… Not good enough for me any more!

2 Likes

Maybe they will keep making it better. I’m still waiting. Sometimes it seems to take a while for these Developers to finish their products. Some are still being upgraded - designed changes made example F-15 all to the better for sure - but in the same boat as this plane when it came out -not very good. Again it is much better. Hopefully they will finish more rather than just release. Like all of us spent some money on some junk… Developer seems to be engaged, that’s a plus.

Since it works now, I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I’m content, but I’d like to see the stuff listed above fixed in future updates. The flap ranges on the speed tape also aren’t correct, since they’re for the CJ4. The pilot armrest needs to be animated or up, since it blocks the FMS.

So long as we continue to get improvements, this can be a decent aircraft. I’m happy to see the developer continue to engage with us.

1 Like