King Air C90 by BT Studio

It’s odd that this developer doesn’t even respond with an appreciation or acknowledgement to the time and effort taken by people here to test, identify and highlight the issues. It’s far from being termed engaging.

4 Likes

Bought this addon last night , just took it up to 11K , climb was slow and barely saw 187ktas the whole flight… severely underpowered . i know the author may have been trying to be accurate avionics wise . but i wouldnt have minded the G1000 like the 350 . why not use the asobo 350 parameters instead of the CJ4 ? other than that it handflies well , i hate that theres no RPM indications or anyway to dim the PFDs
also cant open doors windows :confused: hope this is updated alot going foward, it lacks alot. also AP is not working at all for me aircraft just wants to spiral

1 Like

It started out that way, like the 350. The decision to go with the Proline 21 avionics was made pretty late, because the Garmin just wasn’t up to scratch for doing proper IFR flights.

2 Likes

Well thanks For the reply , other than the issues mentioned i love the bird . i hope these get ironed out soon so i can actually fly this purchase

Thing is… the way ProLine is incorporated now, it’s DEFINITELY not up to scratch for doing IFR flights because nothing you change in FMC is reflected on the plan in ND. It’s almost as if they don’t talk to each other. I am not experiencing that on CJ4.

5 Likes

I generally prefer the ProLine over Garmin, but I won’t get to do a real flight until the weekend, so I haven’t seen the issues with that part yet.

So glad I deleted this plane. Another thing not to raise my blood pressure.

1 Like

its terrible at this point honestly , shameful something so terrible can be released like that… i would expect that from freeware. barely flyable as it is i could bare the avionics , but the underpowered speed and no AP are deal breakers . fuel Gauges don’t work either the more in depth i explore this bird the more disappointed i get that i actually spent my money on this BS … its basically just a pretty exterior to look at

1 Like

I just skimmed through this entire post. Wow! Just wow!

Microsoft and Adobo need to get their ■■■■ together and have a standard that needs to be met before something is listed in the marketplace. Not to mention, a refund policy for when something doesn’t live up to standards.

I doubt I’ll ever buy from the Marketplace again (even though I didn’t buy this plane). There is just too many great planes available elsewhere. It’s sad though because having all of them central from one location makes updates much easier.

I suggest anyone who purchased a sub-par product in the marketplace open a ticket with Adobo. The only way they will change is if enough people complain.

2 Likes

Quality standards for the marketplace are a can of worms I MS/Asobo probably doesn’t want to open because there is no objective criteria for what’s “good enough.” You could ask five different members on this forum and get five different answers.

And most of the other add-on storefronts like SimMarket don’t have any particular quality standards either.

5 Likes

Thank you all for your detail research and information. The end.

Summary

Disappointing news.

1 Like

I guess now he’ll dissapear until he releases the next plane …

3 Likes

Please correct any errors in the performance of the plane. This plane is not capable of maintaining 180 kts at 13,500 ft ??? something is wrong. Another error is that the pitot do not work … there is a constant message that they are not on even when they are. the gauges of the amount of fuel are always in full they do not move. Please correct these problems as soon as possible.

2 Likes

I’ll admit, I was hoping to see some progress on the C90 by now. Overall, I like the aircraft. The model is good, but the systems need a lot of work. As “The Jeremy of Boston” pointed out, the FMC doesn’t communicate with the display. I primarily fly IFR, so I’m unable to use this aircraft.

Other things I’d like to see fixed, all of which has been mentioned by other people:

The flap speeds are set for the CJ4 on the speed tape, so it’s saying you should be at flaps 15 while at full speed. (I believe someone mentioned the speeds listed on the placard are wrong too, but I’ll admit that I’ve never looked at that)

The armrest either needs to be animated, or in the up position. It blocks your view of the FMC.

Animated doors would be a nice touch.

The nose wheel visually turns the wrong way.

The pitot heat warning never go away, even when it’s on.

There’s other things people have mentioned, but these are the main ones bothering me. JuiceBox7535 (I’m purposefully not tagging people, as to not bother them) has a comprehensive list of things above, some of which I put here. Some of it is beyond my scope of knowledge, as I don’t know anything about this aircraft in real life.

I’m hopeful that progress is quietly being made in the background, however, I’d prefer to hear about said progress and plans, if there is any.

1 Like

Mark my words: nothing meaningful will be fixed in this product. The developer keeps going out of his way to confirm that his products are worthless and he has no pride in what he does. He also has no shame to have TWO products that are still broken STILL on the market - the Kitfox is still broken and it’s a year old. There is very little doubt in my mind that this guy is the worst of the worst. MScenery bad. Bredok3D is a star developer comparing to this one. BT Studio is out to take advantage of this community and is the most shameful, predatory blight of a developer. Never again, understood? NEVER. Be happy there is a strict Code of Conduct here - I have a lot more colourful words in mind.

6 Likes

Yes and so what? @BostonJeremy77’s opinion is in line with what a lot of folks think about this dev around here, so he has every right to voice them. If you read through the whole thread carefully he even tried to get a productive conversation going with the dev (e.g. King Air C90 by BT Studio - #234 by BostonJeremy77), but that didn’t lead to anything… I’m totally at loss as to how someone still can defend this. Makes me wonder if someone’s just using a different handle to shush any criticism

2 Likes

And I can voice one too. Not looking for any approval. Take care.

It’s simple. This user was trolling DC Designs thread with baseless accusations (something he has been doing for months and his behaviour was addressed many times by moderators and DC Designs) and I called him out on it. Now he is on some sort of silly warpath against me and decides to lash out wherever he sees my posts. Just ignore him. It’s really not worth it. No reasonable discussion can be had here. :wink:

1 Like

No not at all. Again wrong, I purchased this plane and was looking at any updates. I follow many trends on here looking for updates and tips. You seem to voice your opinion and troll this site, defend on your bias on topics, causing you to inject yourself into disputes. Look at all our posts.

If thats the case, @NYZ06000 , i think we can all use some more trolls like @BostonJeremy77

I have no idea why this was flagged, there certainly was no reason for it

5 Likes