King Air C90 by BT Studio

No need to argue here. It will just end with this topic getting closed again, which I don’t want.

3 Likes

Has please someone the BT Studio homepage for orgiginal information?

well have a look at the Kitfox which was released almost on release day of msfs20, which yet waits to be fixed, this dev just throws half ■■■■■ products on the market and then hopes for good sales until everyone again has forgotten their name so they can finally publish another product.

and repeat

5 Likes

Shovelware is a term I’ve used in the past. I don’t know who coined that phrase, but it gets used far too often.

im sorry i had to learn about this dev the hard way, definitely NEVER buying another addon from this dev.

1 Like

I keep coming back here in the hope that this will have some good news - guess it’s time to move on.

I’ve really loved the Queen & King Airs since I first sat in one at an Air Cadet visit to the Dounreay Fast Water Nuclear power station in 1980. Not as keen on the glass cockpit ones (as they probably all are updated to by now) but that’s a minor setback.

Hopefully Carenado or Flight 1 will bring us a nice B200 soon.

3 Likes

It’s unfortunate. This developer has made it on the list of developers I’ll never buy from. That’s not a long list of devs…I don’t have high standards, but this aircraft managed to fail at meeting my minimum expectations, and no effort for improvement has been shown.

Go ltake a look at the thread about the Debonair by BRSimDesigns. That dev managed to save his integrity. That’s an example of how this should’ve gone. This could’ve been a great aircraft.

8 Likes

How does the Asobo king air compare to this?

wishful thinking I’m afraid…

The Asobo is better than the BT, while not very high fidelity. I am waiting for the BlackSquare Analog Gauge King Air addon. That should combine the great visual model by Asobo with some depth

1 Like

Do they continue with the G1000 Version now or PL21 ?
If g1000 he can keep his plane for himself. No c90 has a G1000.

Why don’t you look at the thread and find out?

1 Like

I decided to try the C90 again now that the WT CJ4 is obsolete, since the C90 uses it. The airplane flys fine, but the avionics are still not functional. You can’t even enter a flight plan. Nothing works.

This is by far the biggest waste of money I’ve experienced within MSFS thus far.

What do you mean the “WT CJ4” is obsolete?

The WT CJ4 is now the default CJ4, and, it is my understanding it is a pretty amazing release now.

I mean the standalone WT CJ4 mod. The C90 FMS still has the old mod pages, such as Simbrief import, etc.

Ok, that needs to be removed from the Community folder.

If you have that installed still, that may be your issue?

Do you have the Marketplace G3000 installed (the WTG3000 with the GPS icon in the Content Manager)? I imagine the pages will still be wrong though if the C90 had any custom pages?

(p.s. I always think it’s funny when this thread comes back… “really, somebody bought this despite all the feedback?..” “Maybe they fixed it, made it better?..” “Darn it”

I don’t have any WT mods installed anymore. The C90 was built using the WT CJ4 avionics.

(Ps I bought this when it released. I was testing the see if the AAU1 update affected or fixed anything)

Try re-installing the “Marketplace WT G3000” and “Marketplace WT 530” addons. That may fix your problems… Unless the C90 uses the G3X, at which point it will be even more broken than before, and definitely don’t install those addons if you want it to work.

The “Marketplace” versions of the G3000 and 530 basically redirect old installs to point to the new avionics suites for the G3000 and 530 now that the old versions have been replaced.

You may be able to tell which suite it uses by looking at the panel.cfg or panel.xml files in the panel directory for the plane inside the Simobjects/Airplanes/whateverdirectoryisthere inside the plane’s Community directory.

The C90 uses the Pro Line 21, not Garmin. It was built using the panel from the WT CJ4. That mod is obsolete. The AAU1 update for the CJ4 was built from the ground up, and doesn’t use the old WT CJ4 mod at all.

I do have WT stuff from the marketplace, but not any of their standalone mods anymore, per the instructions in the AAU1 release notes.

Read what I wrote and follow my instructions and see if you get a difference.

IOW, uninstall the secondary Garmin mods from the Content Manager. (You won’t be able to delete the primary mods since. The option doesn’t exist as they are the default Garmin equipment now, replacing the old AS1000 versions)