KPHX Scenery?

Does anyone know of any developers, either updating or developing, a KPHX scenery? This is my home airport, and it looks absolutely dreadful in the sim! Taxiways are a mess and you cannot even cross the ones that take you over Sky Harbor Blvd…

I’m surprised that I have seen many smaller international airports get love, but nothing has even been mentioned of Sky Harbor, an airport situated in the US’s 5th largest city.

2 Likes

there is one mod to fix it (works well enough, not perfect):

Yeah, I have that one. Pretty good addon that greatly tidies up the default one quite a bit!

Looking for something a bit more substantial though. I would love for FlightBeam to update theirs. I would buy that in a second!

I could even live with the buildings and terminals being out of date.

1 Like

I’m with you on this quest @AZFlyGuy1. It’s my base airport too and would love Flightbeam to bring their model here. I have it in P3D and also have great KPHX freeware from MisterX6 in X-Plane. Someone also added the South Mountain radio towers at FlightSim.to.

2 Likes

I also agree. We had an initial outpouring of US airports in the first few months of MSFS release, but since then, outside of FlyTampa’s KLAS, it’s been pretty quiet. A KPHX like MisterX6 built, or even KABQ would be most welcomed.

2 Likes

I know Orbx has Chuck Yeager (KCRW) and Palm Beach (KPBI) on this year’s roadmap at least.

Have not heard about KPHX but wouldn’t be surprised if someone is even working on it.

1 Like

FlightBeam has stated they plan to bring over their entire P3D portfolio to MSFS which includes KPHX, KSFO, KMSP. However they don’t have a timeframe yet, as they are currently working on production for NZAA and LFBO.

2 Likes

FlightBeam has Phoenix not only on the roadmap but also as one of the projects they are working on! Also says “full remaster” for MSFS, which is great!

4 Likes

Flightbeam still has KPHX on their Roadmap! I’m still holding my breath in hot Phoenix!

Found on their News page:
KMSP, KSFO and KPHX fans, don’t worry, we’re still working on your airports as well!

News | Flightbeam Studios

3 Likes

That’s great, I’m a big fan of their work and KPHX + KMSP will be day 1 purchase (not sure about KSFO as the Asobo (Gaya) version is just fine). I also love this: “The big focus moving forward will be major airports in the United States, regardless whether they’ve already been created.” So maybe I get decent KSLC and KABQ after all.

1 Like

I found the KABQ by TropicalSim to be a nice one.

1 Like

Is it? I distrust TropicalSim after I bought their Faro LPFR which was later beaten by Asobo’s handcrafted version from Iberia World Update.

Well my version of good may not be the same as other’s view. But there are a few review videos out there on YouTube. You might want to check those out first.

1 Like

Will do, thanks.

Hey! Wanted to let you know [PacSim] is currently in creation of a KSLC. I, as well, have been wishing for make over for this airport given in real life it’s quite different from the Asobo version.

There is a forum with updates and screenshots about it and If say so myself, it’s looking really good!!

Yep, I know. And that will be day 1 purchase for me. I bought their Incheon RKSI during Christmas sale and it’s awesome.

2 Likes

FINALLY!!

Bought it as soon as I could! Flying into Phoenix as I type this. Surprised it took soooo long to get one for this sim. Happy it is here!

1 Like

There is discussion and reviews on this new release here

Is there any developer out there making a KPHX? I am well aware about the BMWworld and Amsim KPHX but unfortunately it has no optimization and is terrible with frames on my PC. It would just be reassuring to know that there’s someone else taking a shot at making another KPHX. Also if BMWorld and Amsim are reading this or any airport developer at that, please make your future products have optimization. I’m sure many other users will agree that optimization is great for products. But anyways please let me know if someone else is making a KPHX.

Thanks

Last I heard is Flight beam is in the works of making a KPHX and have been for a while. Along with KSFO and KMSP.