Coming soon for both sims. An AH-64 in all but name thanks to lawyers: KwikFlight Hunter for Microsoft Flight Simulator Coming Soon! - Announcements - iniBuilds Forum
Looks good I’m happy Echo19 is doing the sounds as well
Not very impressed with KwikFlight’s B1.
Is it done on the same level of quality as the B1 ?
The Kwik Flight B-1B is very playable. Easy to use. Nice to fly. On Xbox. The only Things i miss are the not working weapon bays and bombs/ weapons …and a european one camouflage scheme.
Since the Apex/RKM Studios Apache is on hold at the moment. I can not wait for another Apache. I guess the Kwik Flight AH-64 will be easy to fly…maybe too easy for the Hardcore simmers…but a Apache is too important to avoid. Hopefully the Hunter comes soon for the Xbox Marketplace and for MSFS 2020 too.
I got the chance to test the “HUNTER” and I am disappointed, but I have to add that I am really spoiled by the AH64 in DCS. But regardless of that, I honestly think a lot of people will be disappointed, since it feels KwikFlight prioritised the mission feature way too much over the flight model and systems. It is an arcade like feeling to fly that heli and it is not even on paar with flight models of mediocre helicopters in the msfs2024 addon pool.
I really hope, that KwikFlights overthinks their approach to this addon and invest more resources in the flight model, than the mission feature.
Optics & Sounds are really good, but the flight modell can just not convince at all, it just feels like the helicopter has zero weight or inertia. Besides that there are some odd things going on with the engine simulation - like no RPM governor, but instead an automatic rotorbrake that limits the rpm. I have never seen aynthing like that and I really really hope its a bug. If it gets released like this, it will be a big missed chance to deliver a good or even very good addon. I think in its current state only arcade-playstyle lovers will have fun with it and I would consider it more in the 10-15 Euro region then in the 20 pounds (35 Euro with vat) league.
Here my video (german language):
Cheers
Thank you so much for that info! I was tempted to buy this one, as I love flying helicopters in MSFS2024. But my main interest is the flight model … Looking forward to the Taog Cayuse insted.
A lot of folks don’t realize this but she can very much do barrel roles IRL. I didn’t know this myself until I was flying it during tests.
Ok thanks for the information. I found even video where it does a looping, very impressive, so I will eleminate this from my negative list, but it still doesnt feel lik 8000kg metal flying throug the air. I know the apache is very agil, but you still would have inertia according to your weight.
JayDee,
I posted the following just now on the KwikFlight inibuilds forum section, but from reviewing other posts, it seems the team rarely if ever responds. As you have a test build, I’m wondering if you also have a more direct way to contact the developer, or if you can relay the below that are just my visual observations from watching preview videos and images…
-
The depicted aircraft seems to lack landing gear strut compression, or compression to the degree that is appropriate for a fully loaded and fueled helicopter of this type compared to images of the real thing. Do you plan on adjusting the helo’s stance on the ground to show increased gear compression so it doesn’t sit too nose-high?
-
On the HMD, it looks like the compass heading you’re on, plus the airspeed, the vertical speed, and the waypoint DME display all have black backgrounds on them. As it’s a HUD-like HMD, the background for all numeric displays should be transparent. Also, color-wise your choice should be consistently green for the HMD, no blues and reds.
-
For the keypad on the left side of the cockpit, it appears that the screen is correctly black in color while the system is off, but once powered on, I’m seeing a beige screen with black letters/numbers. Can this be changed so that the screen remains black, and that the letters/numbers are yellow-green? (same color as the main-panel advisory/warning display text)
-
I have yet to find a picture where the standby/backup instruments are encapsulated as one digital display. All images I’m showing show a three-gauge cluster of analogue black and white attitude indicator, along with analogue altitude and airspeed indicators. Can this be adjusted, or can you provide an image showing the helo in real life with this type of digital display? It stands out due to it’s colorfulness and fidelity as out of place compared to the tech in the rest of the cockpit.
-
On some preview videos and images, I’m seeing a desert-themed livery that seems like it’s 90% towards an Israeli depiction, but missing the markings. Will this be fully completed as an Israeli one?
I have no direct channel to KwikFlight but to IniBuilds, but there is still so much not feeling right with the flight and engine model itself, so that I dont even start with other inaccuracies, like FCR ranges, hellfire ranges, ihadss (HMD) size/symbology or missing gun animations. For me not even the basis feels good. If this flight modell is accurate, then the one in DCS is absolutely wrong. I am not a pilot, so I cant say for sure, that the dcs AH64 flight model is correct, but it is just way more consistent with everything I flown on helicopters so far. And you can do a lot of agile maneuvers with the DCS AH64 too, but it always requires a lot of coordination.
The KwikFlight Hunter has besides nearly no “weight” also nearly no Antitorque Effect - unless you really crank the collective abruptly up. But even then, you just make a small correction, then immediatly release the pedals to neutral and your flying straight again. And you would not even get overtorque (at least not on the engine gauges). And you can dive to the ground with a lot of speed and pitch the Heli up, cut the collective and come to a full stop, without using any pedals to remain straight. It feels like if the msfs heli support options are enabled, but they arent.
It just feels so odd to me, but I can absolutely be wrong about this, that is always a possibility too.
The DCS model is as close to accurate as we can currently get. Sounds like ini/kf just went for a basic arcade shooter that works with xbox, but we’ll see if they respond to my points.
I dont even think they are targeting the xbox audience, since they ´will not be able to even use all that mission and weapon firing stuff. This will only work if you buy externally.
Please give feedback if you get any answer on your posts in their forum.
Thanks for the review and your opinion - flight model and ‘feel’ of the helicopter is also key for me - if that basic foundation is not there, I lose desire to keep flying it - like the awful Heaven Designs H120.
My hope is that Kwikflight will indeed take more time with the aircraft before releasing - there are 3 very interesting and highly competitive helos coming out very soon from Blackbird, Cowan and Taog that will be a better use of my money. I don’t need another arcade flyer…
Reminds me of Janes Longbow a long time ago. I loved this one, because of its ease of use. I dont expect DCS level with this one, but it should at least feel like a heavy combat helicopter. Hope they improove the FM further. The mission thing looks like fun and I dont mind if its a bit arcady. Its a civil sim after all.
This has now been released.
For Xbox too?