Laggy/Slow Throttle Response

I have the Logitech throttle quadrant, and the throttle response has always seemed very slow in MSFS. It makes a stabilized approach more difficult because the throttle moves a lot slower in the sim vs the speed I am adjusting on my throttle quadrant. If I move my throttle and look at how the throttle is moving on the screen, its moving a lot slower with a slight delay before it even starts to move. Is there a fix for this, or is it just how it is? or is it just me? And this seems to be in all aircraft for me.

Is it just the animation that hesitates or can you confirm the engine response is lagging as well? And what find of frames per second you are getting?

It moves in a fluid motion, but slowly. I guess coming from XP11, i’m just used to a fast throttle movement. If i move my throttle fast, I expect it to move the same in the sim. And yes, i feel like the engine response it slow along with the throttle movement. Someone posted on FB with a video attached, but I don’t have one.

2 Likes

do a report to zendesk with details of which aircraft it happens with.

This is my impression as well. Throttle response is too slow in the sim, it’s much faster on a real life C-172. I just had a local flight in a C-172R this evening.

1 Like

Ok i’m not the only one. Someone made a comparison video on FB with FSX vs MSFS, and you can see how much slower the MSFS throttle moves. Its quite annoying.

1 Like

I do also think throttle response in prop planes feels slow.

1 Like

Experienced the same with my VF TQ6+. Even with their custom control software.

The game simply does not allow faster throttle, prop or mixture movements.

Whats also annoying is that the starter automatically moves the mixture to full. quite unrealistic.

Yeah I have the same issue and it is extremely annoying. Even switch inputs are really slow. For example if i turn my ignition on my panel from off to both it takes a couple seconds to actually do it in game. Oddly enough the mixture is correct and there is no delay.

1 Like

playing around with several GA aircraft. the response time is indeed lagging. even simple props take some time to spool up Seems to be straight line increase rather than quick up from idle that tappers off as engines get to full load. Is this an Xbox assist?

2 Likes

I am also seeing a delay. I have timed it at 2 seconds. In the Cessna Jet as well as the TBM930, C172 and the X Cub. I never pay attention to the in game throttle movement. IRL Props and turbines begin spooling as soon as you move the throttle lever. There should be no delay. Rapidly pushing them forward in turbine aircraft they may not get to full throttle as fast as a piston will, but the beginning of change is immediate.

2 Likes

Agree with all of you. Throttle respons needs to be adjusted. Both piston and turboprop. It’s way too slow at the moment. I suggest we file a zendesk ticket or upvote this post so the dev team can have a closer look at it. I’m sure there are several people here in these forums that can provide the dev team with technical expertise in this matter.

7 Likes

Yes! +1 on MSFS/Asobo addressing the slow throttle response. For those of you that have noticed slowness in your yoke axis, you can up the sensitivity. I though this might work with my Saitek throttle quadrants but unfortunately had no affect.

3 Likes

After update 1.8.3.0, I just test this issue with the Cessna 172 analog and the so-oooo-slow moving throttle is still huge ! Let’s (again) create a zendesk ;(

2 Likes

Yeah we also need more people voting this up, it’s a pretty ridiculous oversight that should have been caught before it even went to a public alpha.

1 Like

Just to better illustrate the issue and “promote” this annoying problem which kills the simmer experience. Available on Youtube as well : https://youtu.be/rdw5_iUfJRU

6 Likes

hello to all a voted :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can fix it easy. Just setup my axis curves in… What? Where is axis curves parameters? )))

2 Likes

Tried that, actually doesn’t help.

3 Likes

It’s been like this since the Alpha version

3 Likes