Large FOV on Pimax casues occasional glitchy frames

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no dev mode, no changes.

Brief description of the issue:

see topic. Basically several discordnusers agree that large fov on pimax results in a frame either being misposed or flashing every say 1 to 10 seconds. This occurs with or without dlss.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

. Video below

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

anytime I start Vr with large fov, which is 5k x 3k screen resolution

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

12700k 3090 t flight hotas

Are you using DX12?

occurs in both modes

Are you using DLSS?

yes and no

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

YES

Happens also with Pimax 8KX, Large FOV in DX 11 and DX12 using DLSS - Flashing

1 Like

VERY happy to see canted display support with culling properly fixed. For some reason the large FOV setting however on Pimax resilts in frequent glitchy frames or posed images, flashing or blanking.

Similar issue as OP. Large FOV results in continuously glitching frames. Using DX11 (tried DX12), Steam as OpenXR runtime, DLSS enabled

2 Likes

Same problem here.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the video. Thats exactly the experience. As you can see its a loss of the cockpit and the ground renders.

3 Likes

Yup, same problem.

Also the terrain shadows aren’t being rendered identically in each eye.

2 Likes

Same problem here. 3080/Pimax 8KX

1 Like

This is happening to me too with the large FOV since the sim update 10 release today. Happens less but once in a while with normal FOV.

3090/5950x/Pimax 8kx

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/y9E0T8H056g

The latest update almost got it fixed, but it still flickers when panning to the left.

Almost fixed? How - seems the same frequency of glitches to me.

A new beta update has not been delivered and I believe this issue has not yet been fixed.
Nothing has changed. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Well maybe sim update 12 I guess. Were so close!

I put in SU11.
I recorded it, but it’s no different than Angeli662’s video.
Did PIMAX users get taken away from MSFS?

1 Like

The lighting/shadow bug topic got closed despite some aspects still not being perfect. Hope this one doesn’t get closed until its truly resolved. It’s probably some off-by-one error or something…I feel like Asobo should be able to figure this one out easily by looking for the glitch and simply finding the variable thats wonky. It seems intersting that some say it only occurs when panning to the left, which could be a good clue if true. Probably a culling variable gets mistreated and the next frame bonked.

Thanks Asobo for your consideration. I’m having a wonderful time on Pimax, but since I’m now CPU bound with a 4090 it’d be wondeful to go to Large FOV. You guys have given Pimax users something wonderful with the previous improvements to culling and lighting/shadows. Lets get this one final barrier fixed!

2 Likes

In the current buggy state, if the performance of the GPU is increased, will it be possible to demonstrate the original angle of view performance of pimax with MSFS?
Assuming the above is possible, how much GPU do you need for decent image quality?
My PC used to be a 3080ti, now I’m using a 1080ti.
Before SU10, even 1080TI could enjoy maximum wide-angle VR with MSFS without much deterioration.
Currently, a bug in SU10 causes flashing even when the image quality is reduced to the pixel level.
The 3080ti has almost the same performance as the 3090.
From this, we expect that even in the 3090 class, we must be prepared for considerable deterioration in order for pimax to operate normally compared to before SU10.
This means that even if you buy the 4000s, you can’t expect evolution compared to before SU10.
I’m wondering if I should buy a next generation GPU and continue with this game.

1 Like

Yes. Yes you should. The glitch above should be easily fixable. Please vote it up for them to pay attention.

1 Like

It’s important to know that you have a 3090 and are facing this issue.
After all, I was using the 3080ti only long before the SU10, so I wondered if this would have happened if I was still using it.
I was thinking of buying the 4000 series or Radeon’s new 24GB model.
All for MSFS.
Because My 1080ti is good enough for other VR games and MSFS wasn’t that bad too before su10.
MSFS is not an attractive option for me if I can’t enjoy MSFS with the native performance of pimax.
A new GPU is also wasted.
Since SU10, I’ve submitted 3 reports by myself and they haven’t even told me if they’re willing to address this issue.
Other victims can also submit reports below.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Same issue for me with a pimax 8kx, an rtx4090 and a 12900kf :frowning:

2 Likes