Latécoère 631 - Local Legend IX - Flying Boat from France - developed by BlueMesh

Latécoère 631, this will be the Local Legend IX aircraft, developed by BlueMesh.

21 Likes

I just saw it and wow, I didn’t even know I wanted this! Now I cannot wait to get it! :smile:
I especially like the details with the boat! Absolutely amazing.

4 Likes

More like a flying whale, but what a treat of a plane is this. What a splendid cockpit. Hundreds of steam gauges it seems.
Will we be able to draw our route on the map and pass it on to the navigator? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Another flying boat, and a beautiful rendition it is. Looks amazing, a sort of larger clipper that is equally fantastic.

Now that’s some top quality flying boat.
Instant purchase!

2 Likes

That’s a lotta engine…

2 Likes

This looks quite amazing. I was not aware of the existence of this aircraft!

3 Likes

Very nice and big boat! It has a full size office in the cockpit like a caravan for the whole family :laughing:

It should be a nice aircraft for pacific or atlantic routes, central america, the fully updated oceania… very impressive!

Next one should be directly an ekranoplan like the beriev to fly fast over the oceans!

Not watched the dev video but apparently they’re also ‘exploring the ability to take off from water as a cold and dark option’ ? Hallelujah if that’s the case. I remember Jorg saying he would look into that almost a year ago now. I mean ideally there’d be an option to start cold and dark anywhere as there’s also thousands of small dirt strips that litter the map that have no parking spots as well. Or just being able to pick any spot on the map to take off from in a bush plane would be neat but probably asking too much.

Would be great if they’d also ‘explore’ improving handling on the water as well as it’s not great at the moment.

Still, happy to add another flying boat to the collection. Don’t think I’ve ever flown any Latécoère plane in a sim before so will be quite interesting. Did they say who was developing this bird?

6 Likes

It’s developed by BlueMesh. He is from France and has made the Caudron Rafale (Marketplace) and three of the 40th Anniversary aircraft for Microsoft.

3 Likes

Yes, this is super important to me as well.

And hopefully the new crowd scenery edit function allows the creation of dock parking spots. It’s not a complete “start anywhere” solution for starting cold and dark, but it allows it at least, and could bring the functionality to Xbox users.

1 Like

For the Cold and Dark issue when you select a runway on the water, it can be simply fixed by a state feature on the clipboard as " Cold and dark" that will reset all the temperatures

6 Likes

It’s easy to start cold and dark with a parking spot (assuming the plane has a proper apron.flt). The issue seems to be that people want to be able to pick anywhere on the world (not just a parking spot), and have the plane be on the ground and either running or cold and dark. Currently the sim starts you at something like 5000 ft and flying if you pick anywhere other than a runway or parking spot.

6 Likes

It uses the same radial engines as the Boeing B314 Clipper (Wright Cyclone 2600) - might be a nice WWise substitute for the Boeing…

That’s what I really want, to be able to pick any lake or patch of dirt to take off from but I think it’s quite unlikely that we’ll ever get it. But the lack of parking spots on all the default water runways and on thousands of small dirt strips is another thing that annoys me. I know you can turn off things yourself and then turn them back on again but that just ruins the immersion you know? Minor thing but also how hard can it be for Asobo to add a before flight option to just start cold and dark on any runway? Then people wouldn’t need to develop parking spots, just pick any water runway or any of the small dirt strips and enable the cold and dark option to load up the flight with the apron.flt . X-Plane lets you do this.

Anyway enough whining from me, seem Asobo is looking into the water cold and dark things at least anyway. But I’m quite pleased to see BlueMesh working on this. Love their Cauldron and the 40th anniversary planes they did. Really looking forward to it :+1:

1 Like

It’s a gorgeous plane, but I don’t think I can afford the fuel bill for it! :rofl:

2 Likes

Ekranoplan would be so amazing!

I’m split about this local legend.
First of all I like planes that still fly because I like to simulate realistic flights. For a legend I understand this doesn’t make much sense but still there are some old planes still flying that would be cool to have.

Setting my quirks aside what I like is that this dev is the same behind the Caudron Rafale and that one is very good so I expect a high quality plane, that is very good.
What I don’t like is that we get yet another flying boat, maybe we should rename the series “The Legend of Flying boats” and from what I can see this is not far from a French Hughes H4. So we are not getting a very different experience of flight. I think…

So yes, it is a disappointment and a great thing at the same time. For me…

3 Likes

You are right that both huges and latecoere are developed too close in time and is a bit of disapointment, but are true flying exceptional birds.
I assume after those two will come something for “land” again.

You make a very good point, here.

I really find it strange, too, all these flying boats when the entire implementation of starting C&D, docking, handling on water and available water runways all so poorly done or none-existent.

What an odd dichotomy.

4 Likes