Latest Nvidia driver causes lockup in sim

After installing yesterdays Nvidia driver update, the sim stops in a dead freeze after 8 minutes of flight. Tried different aircraft as well as destinations but still got a solid lockup only recoverable via task manager.

DDU| and a install of the previous driver fixed the issue. Anyone else had this?

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

This driver is specifically for DLSS 3 right, for the 40 series cards?

No, just an ordinary driver update…Double checked it but you may well be on to something. I will investigate further.

Actually I’m going to try this version (522.25), as it also says there are DX12 improvements for 30 series cards:

This Game Ready Driver also includes significant DirectX 12 performance optimizations which can dramatically improve performance for GeForce 30 Series GPUs.

I’ll report back.

seems to be the same, just locks up. I did get a message that it was graphics related, something about overclocking or overheating, I had neither.

Both DLSS and TAA

Would be good to know which GPU you’re all using?

I have a 3080.

3080ti 12GB IN MY CASE lIKE i SAID dduD AND INSTALLED PREVIOUS DRIVER, NO ISSUES SINCE

Nice catch. Got the same issue and I am going back now to the older version.

Updated on release (3090), no issues yet.

No issues so far with latest driver. I’m using a 2080 super.

I’ve put in 20+ hours in the air since it came out. One of the flights was Madrid to KMIA. No lockups. That was almost 8 hours against the wind. The driver is fine. I just left NZAA on the way to VHHH in the F22. That’s roughly 3.5 hours with tailwinds. I’m well past 8 min. Still flying…

1 Like

Nvidia RTX 2070 Laptop version, 8GB Ram on card(System assumed). When enabling DX12 scenery gets blown away in several locations. If I use DX11, scenery at those places is find. Otherwise for me it works fine.

I had a slight freeze up after about this time in flight since the update… whole screen freezes for about 5-10 seconds, but did then come back.

Can confirm this bug. Game completely freezed after a few minutes into a flight. Also happened in safe mode.

Switched to DX12 and it didn’t happen, but with DX11 happened three times in a row. RTX 2060 12GB.

1 Like

Yes. Nothing needs to be done, game freezes and locks. Can only close the freezed game via Task Manager.

Driver version 522.25 Release Date 2022.10.12

Also, the GeForce Experience Performance overlay is broken, and it doesn’t display neither FPS, FPS 99 or rendering latency

None significant, locked game in the middle of a flight.

Can you try switching to DX12 to see if that works? Not a solution of course, just a test.

Hi there! I´m on SU10, and since yesterday, my sim freezes on every flight (mid flight). I´ve tried different planes and locations, but sooner or later, the sim freezes, and I can end it only via the task manager. Why is that? I´ve never had any issues or CTDs yet…
Only thing I´ve changed is that I´ve installed the latest Nvidia driver yesterday (522.25).
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Rolling back to the driver before 522.25 solved the issue.

All - No CTD’s or freeze ups with 522.25, but RTX-2070 DX11, DX12 caused scenery to just get hosed at several locations. Game does not freeze, stutter, or CTD if I use dx11. Cannot remember if DLAA or what.

Hi again, just wanted to update about this issue. I’ve now tried the new driver with DX12 in the sim and performance is still stuttery and unuseable although I didn’t encounter total lockups.

The drivers are and have been for some time unified so no distinction for cards exists. I’m surprised that many are having no lockups with 20 sereis cards though. I’m done with the pain of using DDU again so am sticking with the previous stable driver for now. iF THIS WAS driver that was supposed to unlock DX 12 in the sim I’m afraid it hasn’t.

If anyone is unsure about DDU don’t worry, it’s refered to as display driver uninstaller, works with AMd and Nvidia products and the easisest way to do the whole thing is to first download but do not run the previous driver from Nvidia’s driver download page.

Then run DDU choosing the clean and restart option and allow it to complete. It will also remove geforce experience but the driver package you should download first will reinstall it for you when run.

I have found that driver installs at least on my PC can often result in settings chanaging in the sim too, so I’ve had to reinstate those each time too.

I hope this helps, and can report that the previous driver is rock solid. My advice FWIW is to stay away from DX12 and .225 use the september driver release and wait until MS, Asobo and Nvidia sort this out. My syste specs are listed here too if anyone is interested.

AMD Ryzen 5800X CPU
32GB of Corsair vengence DDR4 Ram running at 3200
Nvidia 3080TI 12GB GPU
Corsair 850W RM850 PSU

That about does it I think and hope it helps. For sure a driver isssue and DX12 remains in Beta.