LearFan by Lionheart Creations Released!

Unfortunately I made the mistake of thinking that Lionheart will make something representative of the real thing and on that basis bought it. I was so excited for this as I love the original aircraft. I should have waited for reviews but my excitement got the better of me.

So many things are just plain wrong with this attempt:

1. the flight model - pitch axis is so sensitive compare to any other aircraft that it is simply not enjoyable to fly in the pattern.
  2. applying brakes shudders the plane - actually it just seems like a poor programming attempt at it.
  3. the G3X simply does not work - you cannot switch between NAV modes
  4. Visuals: The low poly airframe with jagged pilot and copilot windows is a let down.
  5. The panel - don’t get me started on this. Like you said above this is in no way representative of the original. It appears the developer though to create a panel that literally looks like a Christmas tree with bulbous switches is all colours of the rainbow. The biggest JOKE is the developer even added panel switches to turn external scenery elements on and off 3 of them - why not create a EFB and have those in there.
  6. The original LF had two turbines - this has one - or at least one starter switch and one set of engine instruments.
  7. The speed tape on the PFD red line is at 175Knots and does not adjust to alt changes - so technically at 175Knots you hit VMC. Nothing like the real thing.
  8. you get constant cabin pressurisation warnings and no way to adjust cabin pressure
  9. you get Pitot L+R warnings even though they are turned on
    list goes on …

Dam I’m so miserable buying this. Will have to wait for someone else to do a decent job next time. Also last time I ever buy anything from Lionheart.

7 Likes