Let's compile a list of Aircraft that are confirmed to come to Xbox

While we’re eagerly awaiting the arrival of our most anticipated aircraft on Xbox, I though it would be useful to create a list of aircraft that are confirmed to eventually arrive on Xbox. I have made a number of inquiries in the last few months reaching out to various developers for confirmations/comments. I intend to update the list as new information lands.
Note that this list is primarily focused on aircraft that are more detailed in terms of avionics and other systems than what is currently offered in the base sim.

I’m aware that MSFS Addons has a great list of aircraft that are in development for MSFS, however it does not specify whether the add-ons are expected to release on Xbox.

Milviz have stated that their are currently investigating Xbox compatibility for their products (source: private message exchange with the official Facebook page). Thier products include, most notably, the ATR 42/72.

I have included the projects that were announced by Working Title in a Live Q&A; they will bring many of their mods like the G3000 and CJ4 Improvement mod into the sim and work on improvements of the B787, B747 as well as the flight-planning system and ATC. Naturally, all of these changes will also come to Xbox (Matt from WT confirmed this to me in a private message on Twitch).

If you are interested in the prospect of flight simming on Xbox, you should watch the 1 hr webinar by Mathijs from Aerosoft where he talks about the strengths and challenges of the Xbox platform.

Regarding the Just Flight Aircraft, please read the following comment from Just Flight in the MSFS Forums.

Developer Aircraft Type Features Release window Source
Asobo ATR 72-600, ATR 42-600 Regional turboprop airliner Detailed simulation 2022 Live Q&A
Asobo Antonov AN-2 GA Aircraft N/A 2021 (november-december) Live Q&A
Working Title CJ4 (Improvement Mod) Private jet Improvements to the avionics (same level of detail as the G1000 NXi) and other systems Starting 2021 (ongoing improvements) Live Q&A
Working Title Boeing 787 (Improvements to the default version) Airliner Improvements to the avionics and other systems TBD starting 2022 (ongoing improvements) Live Q&A
Working Title Boeing 747 (Improvements to the default version) Airliner Improvements to the avionics and other systems TBD starting 2022 (ongoing improvements) Live Q&A
Aerosoft CRJ 550/700/900/1000, after the release of the Twin Otter and CRJ 900/1000 on Pc, the Aerosoft team will work on fixing some issues and make the CRJ ready for Xbox (source: Aerosoft Forums) Regional jet airliner Detailed simulation 2021/2022 Aerosoft forums
Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter GA Aircraft Detailed simulation 2021 Webinar by Mathijs from Aerosoft
Aerosoft Airbus A330 Wide-body airliner Limited features compared to Pc-version 2022/2023 Aerosoft forums
Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319, A320/A321 Airliners N/A 2022/2023 Aerosoft forums
Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III/IV (Turbo) GA Aircraft Highly detailed simulation 2021 Twitter
Just Flight BAe 146 Regional jet airliner Highly detailed simulation 2022/2023 MSFS Forums
Just Flight Fokker 28 Regional jet airliner Highly detailed simulation 2022/2023 MSFS Forums
Just Flight Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer Military trainer aircraft Highly detailed simulation 2022/2023 MSFS Forums
Carenado PA-34T Seneca V GA Aircraft Detailed simulation 2021/2022 Twitter
Carenado PA-44 Seminole GA Aircraft Detailed simulation 2021/2022 Twitter
Carenado M-20R Ovation GA Aircraft Detailed simulation 2021/2022 Twitter
Whiskey Jet Simulations Airbus A220 Regional/mid-range airliner N/A TBD private message exchange with the official Facebook page
NextGen Simulations EMB-110 as well as all future projects (see the MSFSAddons list ) GA Aircraft N/A TBD private message exchange with the official Facebook page
PMDG Boeing 737 Airliner N/A TBD All PMDG aircraft that make it to the Marketplace will be available on both Xbox and PC (PMDG Facebook page)
PMDG Boeing 777 Airliner N/A TBD All PMDG aircraft that make it to the Marketplace will be available on both Xbox and PC (PMDG Facebook page)
PMDG Boeing 747 Airliner N/A TBD All PMDG aircraft that make it to the Marketplace will be available on both Xbox and PC (PMDG Facebook page)
PMDG Boeing 757 Airliner N/A TBD All PMDG aircraft that make it to the Marketplace will be available on both Xbox and PC (PMDG Facebook page)
Synaptic Simulations Airbus A220, the developer wants to bring it to Xbox however some of the features will have to be omitted for compatibility. Regional/mid-ragne airliner N/A TBD Official Discord channel
Mario Noriega Designs C-22J GA Aircraft N/A TBD MSFS Forums
Milviz PC-6 Porter GA Aircraft N/A TBD MSFS Forums
DC Designs Concorde Jet airliner N/A TBD DC Designs Facebook
Red Wing Simulations Lockheed Martin L-1049 Super Constellation Prop-powered airliner N/A TBD Comments
Got Friends Gee Bee R3 Special Competitive air racing aircraft N/A November 2021 Developer replied in this thread
Got Friends Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat Military fighter N/A TBD Early 2022 Developer replied in this thread
Got Friends Mike Patey’s Draco Hyper-STOL aircraft N/A TBD 2022 Developer replied in this thread
25 Likes

https://msfsaddons.com/2021/08/19/our-continuously-updated-list-of-aircraft-under-development-for-msfs/

I believe an A220 is also coming to Xbox, if I’m correct?

2 Likes

Yes, however this does not specify whether the add-ons are going to be available on Xbox.

I reached out to Whiskey Jet Simulations on Facebook and they confirmed that the A220 would “eventually” arrive on Xbox. Do you have another source that confirms this?

1 Like

DC6 from PMDG

Really?! That is great news - do you have a source?

[31AUG21] Very Small Update for PMDG DC-6 just pushed… and a couple of quick tidbits… - PMDG Simulations

So it will come to marketplace… hopefully also for xbox.

1 Like

Seems us xbox users are getting very little in the marketplace and nothing in the free section.

7 Likes

Asobo has been picking up the pace with the marketplace. I suspect it won’t be long until Pc and Xbox are almost equivalent. The lack of quality aircraft is the biggest issue.

2 Likes

Would that be the same in the free section too?

1 Like

Im just waiting waiting waiting on the orbx central britain scenery !?.. the top gun stuff is delayed til next year, real shame but expected

OH I VERY MUCH like this thread :slight_smile:

Also, good to know that tables won’t work, bc I’ve got quite the spreadsheet that I’ve been meaning to post. It catalogs the specific avionics for each aircraft available for us Xbox users. For instance, I cannot always remember which aircraft has what suite of avionics. Not that anyone is clamoring for this, but it’s been helpful for me when choosing what type of flight I want (IFR v VFR, etc.). Perhaps others will find it helpful too.

Anyhow, thanks for starting this post!

Summary

This text will be hidden

3 Likes

Please see this guide on forum formatting; including tables.

3 Likes

This is a great thread, thank you. I think us Xbox users are obviously anxious to get some additional third party aircraft and hopefully, a more refined and realistic product in comparison to what we are seeing now. I am resigned and accepting of the fact that Xbox will probably never get a true study level experience, but there has to be a way to deliver a more immersive product than the default. Heck, I would settle for a default a320 where the modeled systems actually work correctly. We definitely need some patience and hopefully that pays off.

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I have updated the list with almost all of the info I have. If you find that anything is missing or if you feel like sharing your spreadsheet, then please let me know.

1 Like

your information for just flight is al lil bit whacky … is this with purpose ?

Just Flight simply did not specify which aircraft are coming to Xbox, only that MS has some of their previously released aircraft. I suspect that these might be the Arrow and Warrior etc. but this is just speculation.

1 Like

The C-22J from Mario Noriega Designs is coming to Xbox - see below from the developer in their aircraft thread on the third party section.