Lightning in MSFS needs a visual overhaul

support what?

That post from 2 years ago was out of context. It was from another bug report that was similar but there wasnā€™t much information about it, just a few text of how the lightning wasnā€™t working the way they hoped, but didnā€™t really support the post with screenshots or videos.

That report most probably merged into this bug report that is more complete, but any replies would also carried through. So when you read my post, it feels out of place. That post is irrelevant now.

Well hopefully they will revamp the lightning effect.

Interesting that you chose to reply a post that was over 2 years ago. Most threads anywhere near that tenure of shelf life, usually die and no one ever replies to them.

But thanks

Iā€™m not replying to a post that was over 2 years ago, Iā€™m replying to a 19 hours ago post. Tā€™was you who replied to a 2 years ago postā€¦ :wink:

Iā€™ve seen lightning come out of a clear blue sky, from a storm front 3 miles away.

Yeah, I canā€™t tell you the last time I saw lightning before today, but itā€™s been many months. Iā€™ve flown in some otherwise nasty weather, but no lightning and there definitely should have been. Then today I flew from Charlotte (KCLT) to the Dominican Republic. Charlotte was getting slammed by thunderstorms and in the sim I saw everything but lightning. It was raining hard and the clouds were impressive and properly menacing. Then, about 1700 NM later, just before descending to the Dominican, I saw lightning coming out of a tiny cloud I could see through. Over & over again, the cloud that was barely there (looked like a transparent fog) flashed with lightning, but there was no rain, no storm, nothing on the radar.

Leaving Charlotte. Menacing clouds, actual thunderstorm on radar, heavy rain, no lightning in-sim.

Near Dominican. Barely any clouds, no rain, nothing on radar, repeated lightning in-sim.