Liking this new Sim more EVERYDAY

This thing just gets better and better everyday, the more I learn the more I like it. Don’t get me wrong it’s got all kinds of bugs but I believe someday this thing will all be fixed and we’ll have one fine simulator. I’ve been logging lot’s of hours in the King Air and although it does have it’s problems, for the most part it’s flyable and very enjoyable.

53 Likes

Getting my popcorn ready. You’ve made a “I’m having fun” post your about to get bombed by people offended by your enjoyment :smiley:

29 Likes

Refreshing to see a good post again after all that time XD Thanks too all the people that enjoy this sim and to the people that give constructive feedback!

4 Likes

I fully agree. There are enough annoying bugs, but FS2020 has brought back the fun of civilian sim flying to me. I love it.

6 Likes

No question, in some key areas (immersion, sound etc) this already is a revolutionary experience. It just feels like a house with many rooms missing or lacking furniture.

1 Like

I totally agree! Got lost in the IFR world with the old sims, but enjoy flying VFR with this sim and has given me back my love for GA and turboprops. In stead of complaining what doesn’t work, appreciate what does work :slight_smile:

8 Likes

clickclack I hear the Xplane hatecrew arrive, start the cub quickly! :laughing:

6 Likes

Think you might need something faster than that!

1 Like

Lol! Not even a concorde can escape the supersonic wrath of the Xplane elitists.

3 Likes

You are not alone. Despite bugs and shortcomings, there’s still A LOT to love about this new sim. So much that I invested a good chunk in cockpit upgrades to fully immerse myself into it.

2 Likes

My favourites so far; naming no names…

“Asobo should go into insolvency after this debacle”
“This game will be the worst experience of your life”
“The graphics are worse than a 1990’s Amiga game”
“Its only worth $1”

4 Likes

Flying the A320 mod is a total zen for me. 800NM 2hr hops are perfect with chillstep playing in the background. Snoozing in the captain seat, its easy for the engine sound to doze me off.
King Air is the same. Play it for 30 minutes and it will send you sleeping

That’s called being in denial, my friend. Those are compliments! They’re so shocked that they go full defensive, because they know that Xplane and P3D can’t compete with the new sim once bugs are ironed out and content/features are added. It’s always the same with new, revolutionary platforms. First the haters ridicule and laugh, then they go silent and after a while they all jump on the train and enjoy it. :wink: (Of course you will still have the die hard fans that defend aging sims like Xplane with their lives, they all secretly fly fs2020, too though) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I too am having a blast. Never got into xplane, too many “extra” programs and software needed to have the “complete” experience.

Used FSX alot but without spending a ton on actual scenery it wore out fast.

This has it all, I can do my long haul airliner flights and hop in a bush plane and sightsee and actually find all my old fishing spots in CO and other states.

Once the bugs are ironed out it will be second to none.

1 Like

Their world will finally collapse in Q1 of 2021 when PMDG drops their 737NG3.

4 Likes

i have over 80 flight hours in this game already, so add me to the list of people enjoying this sim, bugs and all.

1 Like

Man - I’m just lovin’ your posts!

1 Like

I would so much rather have the software we have today (bugs, glitches, and all) than to be waiting for something around Christmas that works better. There were many people that wanted to be in the Alpha test phase, that couldn’t get invited in. I just feel like I paid for an invite, and it was a good investment in my book. I too, am having a blast.

Jim-Sim

3 Likes

I completely agree! The game world is amazingly detailed and pretty. The air traffic control isn’t perfect, but it’s the best AI ATC I’ve ever used. (Though I confess I stopped using XPlane after version 10.) The aircraft are beautiful. Sure, there are bugs, but it’s only going to get better. :slight_smile:

nice to see a sensible post on here for a change rather than people just trying to pick the game to pieces. I’m new to the flight sim world and I have to say its a very strange community

2 Likes