Limit GPU resources in Sim before clicking Fly Now

I know I’ve read threads complaining about this but I could not find a topic to vote to get the issue some priority.
It seems the sim wants to give an inordinate amount of GPU resources to the opening menu and just about any time when not in an active flight.
I’ve read threads suggesting to limit FPS but when I do that say 50 FPS limit in Nvidia control it also knocks down my FPS when flying (not sure why cause I rarely get close to that when flying unless I really turn down graphic settings.)
But it’s gotten to the point that I have to hurry into fly now just to cool down my GPU and slow the frame rate.
Most recent work around I found was this.
GPU on full power Fix
My GPU cools to 35 C and FPS 3-4 in this state. Any other menu in the sim goes to well over 100 FPS and 80+ C even though very little is changing graphically.
If there is already another wishlist thread on this please count me in. If there is a better option to fix this other than limit FPS in Nvidia control please clue me in, but while that works it kills my FPS when flying. There has got to be a better option than to park the Sim in the load Flight paln menu to solve this.

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can we get FPS cap option for the menus?

6 votes have been moved. 8 votes could not be moved because their users already voted in the other topic.

Hi there,
Indeed there were actually several in the Wishlist section. I just combined many threads for this topic into one that had the most votes. We always strive for one topic per request so that people’s votes can get concentrated on one topic instead of spread thin over many.
One good way I’ve found to search is to sort search results by “Most Votes” and scroll until you find the relevant topic.