Lionheart Creations - Trinidad TB-21 Released

For $25 I would expect more, Carenado planes are priced more or less the same, although not being study level their exterior and interior models are at least realistic. Having flown this aircraft extensively in real life, it just doesn’t look like a TB20-21.

I saw some videos on Youtube of that plane. I have 1500 or so hours on TB- serie aircraft. It doesn’t look quite right, the cockpit panels have the basic shapes but thats basically where comparison with the real aircraft ends, the exterior model is off and the systems aren’t fully simulated.

Compare this:

To this:

Cooling inlets are way too big, especially from the front the model looks completely wrong. The air intake and filter is too small. There are contours visible of a ram air intake on the side, at the location a TB-10 would have the engine air intake, the TB-20/21 doesn’t have anything there, its also way to big. The TB-20 does NOT have a nose landing gear door other than a tiny little plate fixed to the strut. The bottom of the plane is too flat. The stabilizer does not sit on top of the tailcone like that. Size and shape of the trim tab is way off. The real aircraft has the engine installed at an angle (to compensate for slipstream effect).

The main landing gear does not fully retract into the wing center box, instead there should be a wing fearing making the plane a little more “fat” looking, the bottom of the plane should be more rounded compared to the flat bottom panel of the TB-9 or TB-10, also the wings need a little more dihedral?

TB-20/21:

TB-10:

It claims to be a GT but the cockpit is that of a regular TB-20/21. Also not quite though, everything is way too round, also the pre-GT versions don’t look like that.

GT cockpit:

And then I’m not going into the details, I already loads of errors in the annunciator panel, red lights being green, at wrong places etc. Landing gear lever is an small switch type lever, not a slot. Rudder trim knob is at the wrong position. You can’t start with mixture full rich without flooding the engine in real life. I doubt the flight model is any better than the rest of the model.

Its basically a Socata TB-10 (pre-GT) exterior model with way too large air cooling intakes and a retractable landing gear slapped on.

There was a JF version for X-plane including the TB-10 and TB-20, the TB-20 was awesome, the TB-10 was just a copy of the TB-20 model where they welded the gear down. They didn’t even bother to shorten the nose (TB-10 has a shorter nose), the air inlet for injection engine was still there (TB-10 is carbureted). The TB-10 was a big disappointment. This seems to be the opposite, TB-10 model made into a TB-20.

@LyonHaart001

1 Like