Lionheart Creations - Trinidad TB-21 Released

A great view :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

There are two on the Lionheart site. One fairly detailed negative one and one positive but without much detail.

If you used paypal you are entitled by all means for a full refund. Iā€™m at a loss about the quality of this release, iā€™ve bought several of Billā€™s previous FSX releases. Will wait and see if this is patched and made to look and sound better in the future. but for now itā€™s garbage and a money grab IMHO. Some of the eye sore problems i noticed are ao baking of shadows are just wrong, Shadows should not show in direct sunlight, rivets on the skin seem to be impressions rather than modelled. Not sure if itā€™s a 3d max imported into blender model or just a poorly done in blender, if it is indeed a new model and not ported. For comparison just look at Carenadoā€™s exterior models of detail on the wing and fuselage, rivets and ao baking is second to none.

Noticed that this picture is actually on their marketing material, on their homepageā€¦

2 Likes

oh wow :joy: :joy:

I user on facebook posted it on the devs page, I assumed it was a random screenshot.

Just a good SOH from the dev I hope haha

It depends what you intend to do with it.

For Airhauler it has definite appeal over the Mooney for short hops:

M20R
177 knot cruise, 3368 MTOW, Cargo capacity 1078lbs, passengers 3, range 1030nm,
cost Ā£296,580

TB21
167 knots cruise, 3086 MTOW, Cargo capacity 1323lbs, passengers 4, range 847nm,
cost Ā£268,206

One more passenger and more cargo will more than offset the slightly slower cruise and the capital outlay is close enough to the same.

It is going to be very attractive to the same virtual economy crowd that jumped on the MSFS VirtualCol Beechcraft 99.

On the other hand if your thinking of buying it just to fly around and mess about (rather than virtual economy stuff) there are plenty of choices, you might better looking at the Mooney or the AT Simulations Piaggo 149 or even the soon to be released Just Flight Piper Arrow III.

1 Like

Some updates are coming. He is still blaming Asobo for doors not working. Also for not being able to disconnect the autopilot with a button in a cockpit (ā€œAsobo doesnā€™t have a trigger to disconnect the autopilot, just use the keyboard shortcutā€)

This guy is ridiculously inept at creating aircraft for this platform. If he canā€™t do it, maybe he should learn first before releasing commercial products.

3 Likes

This is his explanation for Autopilot disconnect issue.

I hope people quit supporting rubbish products like this. This just isnā€™t good enough for release! If people keep buying this, devs will continue to think this kind of stuff is ok.

4 Likes

saw this post on the dev page. He clearly meant on the yoke. And none of the planes have clickable buttons on their yokes in fs2020 AFAIK. In any case, for anyone wanting a video, Iā€™ll be streaming my first impressions on it here later Redirecting...

1 Like

By naysayers I mean boston-whatshisface who clearly just has issues.

1 Like

Iā€™m not gonna click on a facebook link man. And @BostonJeremy77 is not wrong. You could open doors in the first Carenado releases so there is no need to blame Asobo for a issue that doesnā€™t exist. And please donā€™t insult anyone who does not share your opinion. :wink:

3 Likes

OK. Enjoy your aircraft. I will not support this particular endeavour. End of story.

1 Like

OK I am trying to decide between this and the Piaggio P149 as my next aircraft.

Disregarding the doors, because you should not be opening them in flight anyway and the only benefit to them is if you are making videos.

The main criticisms of the TB-21, or so I gather are:

• poor and non-adjustable cockpit lighting
  • excessively bright lighting on the glass screen display
  • an inop cockpit button to turn the AP on and off
  • criticism of the texture choices and overall look of the cockpit though some people claim that was what cars and planes designed in the 80s actually looked like
  • installer issues but these have been fixed

However the flight model and external textures and modelling are fine

Does that sort of sum it up ? Have I missed anything ?

From my perspective thatā€™s a nobrainer. The P.149 is easily one of the best aircraft this sim has to offer. Itā€™s even better than those Carenado planes although I like them very much. :wink:

4 Likes

The P149 does look good but there seem issues with that as well, 25khz radio increments, some sort of oddity about the way the DG works and some switch issues plus occasionally rendering the pilot outside the plane in external view.

Overall the P149 may be the better option though at least for now.

Youā€™re absolutely right there. But the update that fixes all these problems should be right around the corner. The plane is a few weeks on the market after all. And the developer does not blame Asobo for all kinda things.
It has no autopilot tho if thatā€™s important to you. :wink:

Sorry for offtopic all^^ :sweat_smile:

Flying on AP for me is like watching grass grow. I spent over an hour yesterday hand flying the Anzani RIP version of the Bleriot XI at 25 knots from Musket Bay to Milford Sound.

I suspect I will end up buying both at some point, assuming the obvious bugs in each are fixed.

5 Likes

Ok, you made your point many posts ago. Time to move on.

The P149 is lovely! Even the cockpit itself is a joy to be in! It flies really nice and the couple of remaining issues are set to be corrected in an update currently in testing.

1 Like

Thatā€™s cool. I donā€™t care if you click the link, but if you want video of the plane in action, there it is.

1 Like