Live/AI Traffic Missing Lights

My IVAO models working…
if anyone wants to try… there is as well vmr file attached…used it

not speaking for everyone but this didnt work for me. Well, correction it worked for one plane momentarily but after restarting the sim it didnt work.

Problem is that for simconnect injected traffic, other aircraft light states are not synced when connecting.

I tested this with friend who had all lights turned ON when I connected, and in my screen his aircraft was all dark. After he turned lights OFF and then back ON I saw the lights.

I created zendesk ticket #130775. @Jummivana could this be escalated since it’s huge problem in VATsim/IVAO at the moment.

edit:

Oh this thread is for Live/AI traffic, I might create own bug thread for VATsim traffic.

6 Likes

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#pc

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
I play on VATSIM. Sadly, even with the most recent update the VATSIM injected aircraft (via the client vPilot) have no lights. That makes it impossible to play at nighttimes.

This problem persists since SU5 now!

I’ve tried with empty and non empty community folder as well, did not change anything. I disabled and enabled “madel matching” in vPilot to no avail.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Connect to VATSIM, watch for other planes

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
1.18.x.x (SU5 and following)

I waited patiently for nearly 3 month now, two hotfixes, one world update, another sim update. Still not fixed. My SRs in Zendesk are set to “solved” without help. No comments from Asobo/MSFS in the Forums.

VATSIM users are enthusiatsic simmers.

7 Likes

same here still, as i only get to fly in the evenings, and only on the vatsim network, i have hardly flown, as its a immersion killer.

4 Likes

I created own bug report for VATSIM/IVAO lights since this is for Live/AI traffic which might be different than network traffic, also because this is marked as fixed.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/vatsim-ivao-traffic-lights-dont-sync-when-connecting/463812/2

Please comment/vote if you have any insight about the bug.

1 Like

The external light works in VATSIM client “Swift” with GLTF models pack created according to SDK.

Inconsistent lights using a mix of IVAO and downloaded liveries. HOWEVER my model matching seems a bit weird now since SU6. Had spent hours in model matching magic to create a pretty good vmr-file but now I get a lot more default Asobo planes than I had before. New rules for matching? (Tip: use the .aircraft command in vpilot to see your current model matching when connected to vatsim)

Anyone else experiencing this?

You mean colored default asabo or default asabo with livery

Any chance we could get some feedback from community managers on this and if there’s any thoughts on the issue?

1 Like

Yes, the radio silence on this issue from the dev team is frustrating. I know there are a lot of variables in model matching, but clearly something has been broken on Asobo’s end and it’s pretty game-breaking for many when aircraft lights don’t work.

I think this thread has been tagged Fixed-On-Live

what does that mean? " Fixed in live means we have released a fix for the issue and it should no longer affect players."

Uhhhh no?

1 Like

Hi!

What models pack are you referring to ? Something downloadable anywhere ?

Freddy

It’s hard to fly at night as you all said. I love MSFS but I do fly at Vatsim and Virtual Airlines all the time. I can deal with model matching even it is sad that you cannot see a least the livery from the other airplane but no lights suck.

2 Likes

Thank you bLindyee,

I’m closing this thread as the OP issue has been fixed.
Latest conversation are indeed related this issue: VATSIM/IVAO traffic, lights don't sync when connecting
The team is currently investigating regarding the VATSIM/IVAO traffic lights. We’ll keep you updated on the thread linked above.

5 Likes