Live/AI Traffic Missing Lights

Lights are working on our offline AI with the lagacy [electric]-section. AI is SimConnect based, I will run some tests with the modern UI in a few minutes.

1 Like

That might explain why I was just able to see two aircraft just now with their lights on VATSIM, but there were other aircraft in the area where I could only see their taxi and landing lights. Makes no sense to me.

what do tyo mean by that

OK following test results:

lagacy Light and Electrical Section → No Lights
modern Light and lagacy electrical Section → Lights
modern Light and Electrical Section → Lights

Tested with offline SimConnect based AI

Can you describe what you mean by this and where these settings are you’re describing?

1 Like

you need to setup the system.cfg for your SimObject according to the SDK:

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/index.htm#t=Content_Configuration%2FSimObjects%2FAircraft_SimO%2FSystems_Config_Definitions.htm

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/index.htm#t=Content_Configuration%2FSimObjects%2FAircraft_SimO%2FSystems_Config_Definitions.htm

test with vatsim please

do not have that

if we do that all ok?

please could you give us axample

i can see light on A20n aircraft
probably FBW

generic one
only strobe and after takeoff lights
no taxi

Nothing to add to this other than that I have tested with VATSIM traffic and also am having no luck. Asobo continue to amaze me.

make sure the SimObjects are up to SDK standard. If they are or they are the default ACs the issue is mostlikely found at VATSIM and not the Sim itself.

1 Like

Seems like default AI traffic (Asobo planes) is working but legacy fsx models are not.
So, if you have custom models for vatsim that are based on legacy models, lights will not work properly.

I guess you guys will use sdk standard for your AI traffic, right?

we use modern FDE with lagacy MDLX or glTF for some of them, the rest is slowly getting updated to new stadards.

1 Like

I use vPilot standard matching.

What do you mean by legacy models

I tried at Gatwick just now AI Vatsim

I have tested
so.my set up

Some FBW liveries updated
Ivao_x_csl in comunity
Modelmatching done by magic

So I see becon lights on all , some of them no taxi but navlights yes and on runway strobes and landing lights on

So those simobject
what files I should change to fix that?

1 Like

Here’s a video I quickly recorded. This was EGKK - You’ll see some of the lights work and others don’t.

2 Likes

Here are a few things I am noticing on VatSim (please forgive me if I am using incorrect terminology):

• Generic Asobo Models show nothing Just saw generic model with taxi, beacon and strobe, Generic A20N shows lights (more details below)
  • When I spawned in an existing aircraft starting to taxi only showed taxi light, no NAV or beacon. When got to runway strobes and landing lights on. Maybe only fires lights on initial event doesn’t refresh?
  • New spawn could see lights in correct order from spawn to departure (NAV → Beacon → Taxi → Strobe → Landing)
  • Landing Generic A20N model, nothing but could have already been spawned in and got no light events
    Vatsim Lights - YouTube
3 Likes

Can’t believe this is still not fixed
 how come it is so hard to fix? it’s been several months already
 SMH :rofl:

7 Likes

VATSIM lights are bugged at best after SU6 for me. Using modelmatching magic. Generic models have only beacon lights after takeoff from what I can tell, I think IVAO models don’t have lights. A320neo seems to be working. Didn’t get a full list of what was working or not because I had a CTD after about 5 minutes at LAX using the drone camera to see if VATSIM was working. Guess I’ll wait for the inevitable hotfix to clean things up again