Live Q & A via Twitch

Is there a recap / tldr somewhere?

I donā€™t think so, but a crisp/short summary would at least in my opinion have value. Some answers were too long at least in my opinion, but the more of these you do, the better you get.

As mentioned, please next time send the questions beforehand so they can prepare and give us helpful answers instead of being surprised and responding with ā€œweā€™ll look into itā€.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t that the MOD, they were working off the pre submitted questions but then she kept interjecting from chat

I only use real time traffic

Questions were posed on advance on the q&a thread in this forum, so they could/ should have been looking

3 Likes

It is worth listening to as the way the questions are answered is as valuable as the answers themselves

1 Like

Cant listen at job
Can read though

So Jorg sort of answered the question of what happens now with Working Title and the like, where the Community Improvements have outstripped the base game in current state. The short-term answer is they donā€™t know, but the long term answer is likely some form of collaboration by handing out the mailbox address.

Hopefully a lot of the creators/modders sent word. It would be a loss to see a constant push-pull over feature improvement vs what the community already built.

Kind of wish they would work out better in advance who is answering the question. Still quite a few pauses where they are kind of looking at each other.

Agree - thatā€™s what I mean by watching it - you get much more of a sense of which parts they are ā€œonā€ and which ā€œnot so muchā€!

That post should be sent directly to the following email addressā€¦ as requested by Jorg.

Msfsim@microsoft.com

Thatā€™s the level of detail they want for bug reporting, because they canā€™t find it, having to trawl through multiple threads to find the buried detail.

This is the 42nd post in a 150 plus post thread. Iā€™m not any clearer as to whether they will find it here.

So much negativityā€¦ over a game. I think maybe some people should just step away from the game for a while. Theyā€™d be happier in their lives I think.

3 Likes

Thank you for your understanding and help with these. Iā€™m puzzled though because if they want to find it, all of these are also sent to Zendesk for weeks already (and closed with no further feedback), all submitted under the same gamertag Iā€™m using in the forum.

In order to make this easier, here are all my submissions as of today:

Id Subject Created Last activity Status
70848 Terrain LOD distance is using the square root of its value. 4 days ago 20 hours ago Solved
68719 Re: Vegetation impostors/objects ring distance algorithm failing in HIGH or ULTRA depending on the species. 13 days ago 6 days ago Solved
66041 Vegetation impostors/objects ring distance algorithm failing in HIGH or ULTRA depending on the species. 21 days ago 14 days ago Solved
64861 Help solving arcade and simmers players sharing the airspace with the help of a simple nudge 24 days ago 20 days ago Solved
61583 invalid PGG distribution.toml configuration - skyscraper buildings everywhere 1 month ago 22 days ago Solved
61475 Photogrammetry, Ground Textures and LOD ring distances 1 month ago 22 days ago Solved
55547 Water waves and wind speed units 1 month ago 1 month ago Solved
55533 Perspective projection should be optically correct 1 month ago 1 month ago Solved
52691 UsrCfg.opt > PostProcess > Sharpen bug 1 month ago 1 month ago Solved

Please help me understand what is the correct process here:

• Do you mean in lieu of Zendesk, we can send detailed reports to this email address?
  • Do we still send less detailed reports to Zendesk?
  • Do we still post vague reports to the forum?

PS: there are good news though and weā€™re making progress, because of all these documented bug reports, at least the latest (LOD distance using square root of its value) is not just closed:

Thank you for submitting your report, weā€™ve added it to the Development Teamā€™s Internal Bug Tracker!

In addition to, send your efforts to that mail address.

Itā€™s worth watching the Q&a both to understand just how bad the zen desk process seems to be and the lack of understanding that is gained from massive long winded truncated bug discussion threads.

And sorry thatā€™s not a dig at this post it thread, itā€™s purely how forums are these days!

Youā€™ve done the hard work, itā€™s pointless to see it wasted!

1 Like

I actually have a LOT of bright ideas and for almost the last year I have given them to Microsoft with over 100 Zendesk tickets with examples. I appreciate the inquiry to my level of knowledge and glad to have shared that with you so I hope you have a great day.

2 Likes

I am installing Prepar3D v5.1 lol

As long as you post it on Zendesk, the developer will respond and mark it as resolved, but when you update it next time, it still has not resolved. There is really no solution.

Well thatā€™s the thing you see.

For you, it is a game which is fair enough.

For many of us though, it is supposed to be a simulator.

There is a world of difference between the two.

I like your riddle, please let me try adding the missing sentences:

But weā€™re sharing the same world we fly into.

Thus I have to deal with gamers taking off from both runway ends.

And you have to deal with disciplined simmers wanting to help you progress.

This diversity makes simming a great challenge but also gives great rewards.

Please donā€™t take any offense with the above, it is not meant for this, on the contrary.