Live traffic MFS vs X-plane VS flight radar24

Hello to all,
I could see in update 4 some corrections on the real traffic, I had fun to make a 10 mn comparison between x-plane with the free pluggin live traffic, MFS and FLightradar24 at Charles de Gaulle airport ( LFPG). Concerning MFS, there is still work to do guys! There is almost no traffic, and I think there is still a big gap between the real schedules and in the game.
Sorry about the x-plane labels, if they are not very readable, the characters are small, in any case the planes correspond to reality and the sky is not empty of planes.
I have just posted the video, it may still be in SD and not in 4k at the time you are watching.
in addition, if I’m not mistaken, the liveries in XP correspond to the real aircraft and the aircraft model as well, so if you are in collaboration with FlightAware, why can’t you integrate correctly the real traffic in MFS.After that I imagine that you have other things to worry about first.
Live Traffic MFS VS X-PLANE- VS FLIGHTRADAR24 charles de Gaulle LFPG 6:38 PM UTC
Live Traffic MFS vs X-PLANE second test 26 may CHicago O’Hare KORD 4:08 PM UTC

3 Likes

I also wanted to, my daughter is studying in Zagreb in Croatia, every time she comes back when I can, I can follow her plane in x-plane to France, of course by deactivating my transponder, so as not to scare the pilot :grinning::stuck_out_tongue: , but every time in MFS, I have never seen a single plane, yet there is only one round trip per day LFPG-LDZA AIR FRANCE

We may easily conclude, for the time being, there isn’t any AI traffic in the sim.

AI traffic is definitely non existent in 99 per cent of the planet, with 1 per cent available in the USA only and that represents only 1 percent of the real USA traffic.

Even in LAX I only see one - two planes from time to time, when in fact there are at least one hundred airliners at the airport at a give time.

1 Like

I checked KLAX after the update yesterday and the traffic was nice. I instantly had 2 planes spawning at the gate, 4 were lining up on approach with 2 go-around. The incoming traffic kept going with multiple united 737’s.

One go-around 777 landed on the taxiway and i have to say that rollout and everything was great. If the AI could do that on the runway life would be way better.

We are talking about LAX, always seething with those giant iron birds at every corner. Your spotted airlines from yesterday could only amount to a few, tho.

The sim still fails to catch real time airliners traffic as it should.

I have talked with Jörg about his already and made some suggestions. Hopefully we see more improvements later.

Yes FA is not the best provider atm for the whole planent, but is provides a base for the Team to start with.

4 Likes

Last night i flew into Sydney YSSY which was around midday Aussie time and there was loads of live traffic. I had to go around twice and when parked up i sat and watched a constant stream of planes coming and going.

I just flew into KLAX… Nothing! Quite a few players but not a single live traffic plane to be seen.

Yup, live traffic is still borked.

Since the beginning, the AI is not really present, I noted at the time, up to 45 minutes of difference between the real flight time and the apartition in the game, I made the experiment while waiting for the flight of my daughter at the departure of LFPG, which has besides never appeared in the game, I just saw the plane which was in waiting behind in the game but not his and nor those in front.
But I see that it hasn’t changed much, I’m going to do the test again in Chicago, but every time I went there, KORD wasn’t very full

My older brother is a 787 captain for Virgin and I frequently find him in the sim and fly alongside him as he takes off from Heathrow. In fact if you want to try it this evening he’s flying from Heathrow to johannesburg at 10pm UK time. Look for flight VIR601 at Heathrow. I usually hang around on the ground from about 10 mins before take off waiting for his plane to appear. It usually does. My name in the sim is ‘Mobias’

I’ll be online in about 20 mins or so. 21.50 UK time.

4 Likes

I also wanted to add, in x-plane, with the button on the plane (boeing) TFC activated, and during my flights, I can see all the real air traffics, as there are many in the sky on my radar, and even have from time to time alerts when they are too close in distance and altitude!!! which adds immersion and realism! the plane screaming at me TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC!!! and then the end of the alert.

Well, cool, if you get the chance!
sorry, unfortunately, I don’t fly in multiplayer

second test CHICAGO O’Hare, 4:08 PM UTC it is same!
No traffic …
I saw in this test the same plane in MFS and x-plane,
in mfs the plane was always on the ground when stopped, in xp and FR24 it was already gone and at FL130 when climbing.
Live Traffic MFS vs X-PLANE second test 26 may CHicago O’Hare KORD 4:08 PM UTC

Well, when I did my compare with MSFS and XP, MSFS won hands down and I uninstalled XP.

Maybe next year, after they get all the flight dynamics , aircraft systems and fantastic scenery polished and repaired, they can devote more time to enhancing the real time traffic around the airports for those users that desire to see it. In any case, I bet the sim will be a much better simulator by this time next year.

Just out of curiosity, why are you comparing against Flightradar24 instead of FlightAware, since that is where Flight Sim gets its data from?
I totally agree with you about the underrepresentation of AI real time traffic, but to resolve it, Microsoft and Asobo need to stay within the constraints of their source data.

I know it works with flightaware, but I wanted to compare with real traffic :sweat_smile:. I’ve already seen problems with flightaware, from lack of aircraft to identification bugs.

By default x-plane doesn’t have live traffic.
X-plane live traffic plugin - open sky network.
MSFS live traffic is from flightaware not flightradar24.

Your test doesn’t make sens :wink:

edit
You must compare live traffic from flightaware and msfs.

It’s the same with flightaware, the traffic displayed is the same as flightradar, except for some bug on one side or the other. And yes as I mentioned there is the little pluggin for Xp for the traffic, which works very, very well only downside is that it doesn’t see us unlike MFS.
Flightaware is supposed to show real time traffic, right?
So if you’re telling me that this site doesn’t work, it sure as hell won’t work in MFS, but that’s not the problem I think.

It’s not only a matter of AI traffic density that literally go botching virtually all over the planet, but also the awkward MS/Asobo models and their odd liveries that kill the immersion.

It’s definite that we’ll not get a real AI traffic unless the third party teams burry the hatchet and finish their everlasting model matching.

Are you the mysterious German Mr. X, Jörg talked about yesterday :slight_smile:

1 Like

i would not call it that xD

2 Likes