Live Traffic with working Liveries!

look for static_cg_height and play around with it. That defines the height of the ‘datum reference point’ above ground.

hello,
thanks for your quick answer.

do you mean, under this?

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
max_gross_weight =151000
empty_weight =103170
reference_datum_position = 0, 0, 0
empty_weight_CG_position = 18, 0, 0
empty_weight_pitch_MOI =3160000
empty_weight_roll_MOI =3262183
empty_weight_yaw_MOI =4337024
empty_weight_coupled_MOI =0
max_number_of_stations =9

this part?
reference_datum_position = 0, 0, 0

thanks.

Under contact points: static_cg_height as per my first post. You’d have to figure out the height yourself. (I believe it is measured in ft) However, if you fly from different airports where afcad data differs from what the sim uses by default (like addon scenery), you’ll see the planes dipping into the ground or floating.

ok, I got it
thanks

this is so complicate. something for 1 clicks install ai traffics… there is nothing?

work in progress by AIG

1 Like

AIG say prbly relese something this year, now is in closed beta
https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=34633.0

1 Like

Hello guys,

FYI i just posted a tutorial to combine this mod with static aircrafts : [Tutorial] How to get airliners traffic closer to reality with real liveries

Result are very cool:

Best

2 Likes

Using GEN for AI traffic it will not be possible to have a perfect correspondence between Airline and Aircraft.
By correctly defining the AI models, you can make the most of the MSFS AI engine.
However, this requires a lot of work and a lot of patience.

Hi Grigna. Can you tell us how to get the correct AI model definitions?. All I ever seem to see are the default generic aircraft. I guess it’s all in the aircraft.cfg file right?

It is a long and patiently trialled work. It would require a dedicated guide, but it takes time to prepare it.
However, lately I have decided to use the “asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-twinengines” as a template, renaming and reconfiguring it appropriately and replacing the textures and models with that of the AI ​​models that are also found on the Internet (IVAO, FAIB etc) and the results are comforting.
I have not had any CTDs.

Finally there is a reasonable option for those that want to get a good amount of ‘real world’ AI Traffic in the sim. It requires downloading IVAO models separately (read the instructions carefully, it isn’t too difficult) and you’ll have a nice environment to play in! It’s not perfect but the best ‘out of the box’ installer so far, until AIG comes along.

1 Like

I would appreciate a guide on how to accomplish this. Most solutions have been made defunct by World Update 5

Unfortunately Update 5 brought the SIM back a year.
I was very happy that my work did not cause problems to the SIM which proved to be very stable and without any CTD. Now, to avoid CTD, they even recommend disabling AI Traffic!
From the images below it can be seen that some of it still works even if at one point it showed a Frankenstein plane showing that certain tables in memory are corrupted.
Until the SIM is stable again as before it will be difficult to write a guide on how to set the AI ​​traffic.

Its a shame what they have done. they are worried to have the most realist mountains, but prefer we are in empty airports. so, no realist airports. ¿?
i hope its fixed soon.

No traffic taking off because all are stuck at gated with no nosewheel.

Understandable. Keep us posted please. :slight_smile:

a link that doesnt go anywhere?

1 Like

your level is to low for that

Well I apologize. Sincerely. I lashed out from frustration. I never know you had to reach a certain level b4 you could insert links.

Again, Sorry sir.

1 Like