Live Weather Does Not Match

The server migration was because Asobo brought contracts with GFS, ICON, WRF, HRRR and other high-res and convection allowing numerical weather prediction models. We will now have model based convective precip, visibility and top of the game cloud injection.

Wait. That’s what I’ve been dreaming about today, nevermind!
:smiley:

7 Likes

Yes, we got clear skies instead :wink:

Besides i think it’s better to only use 1 source of predicted model? :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have no weather at all

1 Like

I will check again. Have you tried press b, then you know what pressure you have. I use shift+Z addon. That also shows what pressure and current winds in the sim from simvar values.

Well, without clouds it’s not weather though and i agree with you. There is no weather right now. They are aware of the issue.

1 Like

yup only getting 29.92 and clear skies.

Strange we have different type of issues with the weather though. I checked several different places and get different pressure. But no clouds

Known issue and MS/Asobo is aware (to be clear - of the no clouds issues that might be related to the server migration last night)

1 Like

Live weather takes a bit of time to finally load in now for me, but when it does, it looks really nice. Probably the closest it’s been since before SU7. Hope it’s not a fluke!

3 Likes

Agreed, wonderful sky at EHRD Rotterdam right now. Changed to daylight hours obviously but live weather. UK user.

Even got something that looks like Alto-stratus

Can we dare to hope???

5 Likes

Really nice job right now, I hope it lasts!

EGGD 121920Z AUTO 24008KT 180V260 9999 -RA BKN002 BKN006 OVC016 13/13 Q101

2 Likes

I hope it’s not a one-off fluke! I’ve not seen proper overcast from the ground like this in a long time

1 Like

I suspect what is happening is that metar integration is broken right now and we are seeing just meteoblue weather…

4 Likes

Yes, could indeed. But if so, it just confirms what we’ve all been saying for months…

1 Like

And the ironic thing is if that is the case, every place I’ve tried so far has spot on matched the METAR, more so than before when the METAR was working

2 Likes

I see clouds depicted on the World Map globe but the in game weather is clear skies. Hopefully it will resolve itself soon.

Not seen any clouds yet.

2 Likes

Came here to report this problem as well; just flew from KCHS to KJAX; winds were accurate but no clouds at all. Clouds were showing on world map but when I started the flight and for the duration; clear blue skies! (Which wasn’t accurate); METARs also weren’t loading.

I guess this is related with the ongoing issue with the live weather server: Online Services Monitoring - #9

1 Like

Guess I’m not flying today.

SU10 came in without any huge issues. The game performed great, the new features worked like they should, folks were gushing about the improved skyscapes. Hell, the team even delayed initial release to ensure everything was right.

Guess old habits die hard.

I thought something was funny as it was clear weather when flying. I thought I was losing it. It seems one thing gets fixed and another breaks. It’s hard to keep up with. Did someone report this problem?