Live Weather Does Not Match

The large banner at the top of each forum page may answer that question for you!

1 Like

Still not fully working, temperature and winds seem to be loading but no clouds. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Same here! i was “testing” the SU11 beta, despite great perfs in anyways, qnh, temperature, Gust Winds (seems to be better) all was very accurate but no clouds at all where it was supposed to be in Live Weather based on METAR/TAF ???

1 Like

See that post: Online Services Monitoring - #9

1 Like

I only flew for about an hour last night, but had clear skies despite the map screen showing what looked like overcast. At another location I had the same thing, but oddly I also had 12kt winds.

no clouds . Winds and temperature seems to work =(

1 Like

yep, same here. Managed to get it once by restarting flight but just now even that isn’t having an effect.

same here. Now I’m glad I bought rex weather force a few months back when we had those live weather bugs all the time. Never used it in the past weeks… good enough as backup now though

1 Like

Same, temps, winds etc. all there but no clouds.

They’ve been ‘monitoring’ this for a long time now…

1 Like

same here…no clouds

1 Like

Yep, unfortunately it is the same here…

So now the weather has deteriorated to the point of disappearing entirely :expressionless: :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was wondering why I haven’t any weather injection in my sim, so now I understand that the problem is generalized to the whole players…Hoping that is gonna come back quickly…

1 Like

Hi Captains,

Clouds are back on my side right now (LFQQ) METAR now matching MSFS 2020, running SU11 Beta!

1 Like

Can confirm the weather is back on my side as well (also on the SU11 beta).

3 Likes

Same here, clouds are back (SU11 beta) but no METAR information available (I’ve tried LFPG & LFQQ).

1 Like

Back for me too. SU 10

back for me too. SU 10 also.

Indeed, temperature, qnh, wind layers are almost exactly the same data in MSFS 2020 based on charts winds, METAR aeroweb (website that I use in RL), clouds are correctly represented like how it goes in the sky through my window above my head… good job for that!

The wind effects on the envelop of the bird feels much more realistic (like if there is more vertical winds effects, even I can’t say that we talk about real up/downdraft yet but it feels better) and the way it responds, it affects the airplane it “feels” like very close to my memories experiences in RL… I don’t know if my statement is genuine because I didn’t fly that much on SU10 because of the absence of “dangers in the skies”, TS/CB convectives) and I was stuck on XP12 beta.

And that the point I can’t stress more than that, despite CB around at LFQQ SU11 Beta, it didn’t add convective in CB, so far, still! :frowning_face: That is a major difference with XP12 Beta (buggy as beta) but convective are drastic in those weather conditions …
Doing the same flight with XP12 beta, it’s impossible to fly the C172 above 3000 ft because of severe convective, however MSFS 2020 provides a very realistic dance of the winds especially around 2700 ft with the reliefs combined with winds altitude, this part is very important in terms of immersion… good job MSFS 2020 for that!

I mean it doesn’t miss that much now to make that Flight Sim very close to Mother Nature, they just have to add and to deal with the real turbulence that could occure in CB (TS, well don’t fly into) as updraft/downdraft, icing conditions in some CB, convective moderate to severe that will obligates the pilot to deal with unsafe conditions by creating a flight plan.

By the way, I was glad to read that “Danger, realistic skies” (something like that) is under investigation, Asobo is working on it, we raised a good amount of votes! … so for sure, my trust in MSFS2020 is getting back !

Screenshots below just to show that GA are not supposed to fly in those weather conditions, it’s unsafe and I can’t wait that convective and what is mentioned above could be implemented in MSFS2020 then it’s gonna be a tool for student pilots VFR (new CFD + dangers in the skies what can we ask more?!)

Wait & See :small_airplane: :cloud_with_lightning: :no_good_man: :skull_and_crossbones: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Still no clouds in the USA but temps and wind correct.