Live Weather Does Not Match

I was honestly expecting just about every bug ive encountered based on what i saw from all the beta videos. This weather thing is the one true surprise for me!

First flight I do, I always get live weather. Starting a new fligh always give me clear skies (no winds are even shown when picking an airport)

currently experiencing the same issues. Weather quasi-loads when I first run the game. everything other than wind appears to be accurate. when I then go to reset and take-off from another airport, the weather at all of them is the same. clear/no wind. I restart the game and my first take-off is close to ‘real world’ weather, trying to fly beyond that with live weather is not possible for me, at this point

3 Likes

Guys please submit Zendesk reports so we can get this issue bumped to high priority

4 Likes

Having the same issue here, in-game weather on the pre-flight cinematic has strong winds, but then the wind is just 225/3kts

1 Like

Not working here either. Apparently is a general thing as shown in this article url

2 Likes

ye my response was a bit confusing…ye but no but ye haha - ye mine seems to be working correctly, provided i exit MSFS after each flight before changing aircraft/loaction etc and load real world weather before each flight loads first…

So this is what i’ve noticed with real world weather so far:

Real world weather doesn’t seem to load correctly if you re-start a flight without exiting MSFS first,
The reported winds then seem to be correct, in South Wales today, we are experiencing pretty strong winds, in MSFS this is also replicated with how fast the clouds are moving and turbulence when flying and how the aircraft is behaving and wind readings also seem correct, it is also shown correctly on the aircraft display - see below.

While on the runway on the ground, my PFD was telling me wind is 222 at 18-20 kt.
In the air 223 at 44kt - appears to be working correctly…

msfs wind 1

msfs wind 2

ASXP Weather report:
msfs wind 4

1 Like

Wow! Very interesting. So only the first flight then. I was actually watching a FlightDeck2Sim stream yesterday and noticed that as he flew over london he was getting a solid 18kt tailwind. While ive seen other videos where people have my issue.
Thanks for sharing!

And again to anyone experiencing the problem, be sure to send in a bug report to Zendesk! Posting about it here isnt an official report to the team :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello,

yes, from other topics I understand that only at init first flight Online weather works and loads. But this looks only this first time, then after many minutes weather doesn’t change, it works like option from previous sims like - Weather one shot download. It need to be like in XPlane or previous sims with option to select frequency of update weather, I like 15min but this option and also functional Online weather is missing still.

Just flown from EGNX to EGQL with live weather in the 208, the weather was very realistic all the way, most of the journey was at 9500 ft which was barely at cloud top height, the wind was SW between 27 and 50 knots with the final approach to Leuchars wind 224 at 24 knots. So for me at least, it works just fine.

Had this happen to me today. Solution was running the sim as Administrator.

1 Like

Did you actually compare the in-sim metars to real world weather data?

1 Like

I always have run it as admin, makes no difference for me.

Wow yeah i never get winds like that. Interesting! Maybe ill try flying in that location tomorrow. Perhaps certain parts of the world are getting better coverage than others?

Also I will try running as admin, perhaps that may help. Worth a shot!

Exact same issue, winds 225/3kt at all altitudes everywhere in the world when using Live weather. Always running my sim as admin.

1 Like

I did not make a comparison with the METARS, but living in the UK I have a fair idea that this was at least pretty much what I would expect from the current conditions, so in relation to the users posting here who are getting most unsatisfactory results my experience was at least realistic. Next time I’ll try to check it out in more detail.

Yes live weather is not working for me. I live in Eureka and so naturally have been flying here in the sim. It’s quite overcast in IRL tonight so thought I test it out in the sim but it’s showing clear skies. KACV automated weather is also incorrect in the sim as it is not reporting overcast skies nor is the sim showing overcast.

1 Like

I also have issues where there is no rain - even though ATIS say Heavy rain.

2 Likes

Seriously it just does not make any sense! :pensive:

4 Likes

Hello,

maybe only little ‘game’ for fun time, sit on place with aircraft and open weather and try set any options - rain, snow, temperature, very good in my opinion (good work Asobo) but wenn I set temp -89 deg. C I expect my windows start freezing quickly but not, also engine still working. I think with weather it need to be reworked more things…