Live Weather Does Not Match

Thanks. I know about the bing thing…I did not turn it off.

:grinning:

Loaded at Heathrow which is fine. City not so much.

1 Like

I don’t have Bing data off, and EGLC loaded okay.

2 Likes

open xbox networking and see if your teredo is connecting. if not you may need to do port forwarding on your router for teredo as well as change some group policy (does not work with win 10 home edition) to enterprise from client. you can just google teredo does not qualify fixes.

1 Like

MSFS does not make any IPV6 connections, so Teredo is not necessary. In any case, Teredo is an old and deprecated protocol. It is not even enabled by default on a new Win 10 installation without going through quite a long series of steps. Teredo is only needed if your router and/or ISP do not support IPV6 directly, which rarely the case these days. If you can connect to an IPV6 server directly, there is absolutely no reason to ever use Teredo - it will only slow things down.

Hey i was getting blocked server connectivity on Xbox networking under xbox live multiplayer. after port forwarding and group policy edit solutions from google now my live weather is always working. before i had to restart the game after every flight to get it to work.

1 Like

Which ports did you forward, and which GPOs did you change?

Port forwarding might indeed help, but Teredo can’t possibly make a difference - MSFS does not use IPV6. I have full end-to-end IPV6 connectivity, and I often see my browser making IPV6 connections when I am browsing - especially on Google - but when I look at the TCP/IP connections that MSFS makes when it is running, every one is IPV4.

1 Like

Awesome “REAL LIVE WEATHER” MSFS!

Yep I loaded up KBKL (cleveland) again several times today. We’ve gotten about a foot of snow over the last 24+ hours. Snow has been on the ground since last week. I load in with ‘real weather’, and the ground is clear and there was no precip. But I’ve noticed like others - the METAR largely matches - airspeed, temp, etc. So the actual conditions by the stats are good - it’s just that whatever server is supposed to connect to determine what it should look and render like - that just is not happening, and hasn’t since around the new year. I deleted the cache, community folder is empty. Tried loading in with clear sky then clicked real weather - nope. Actually it was pretty funny, I loaded into BKL about 6 pm, and DA40 was iced over just sitting on the runway after about 90 seconds even though no precip and the ground was completely clear.

Ive noticed that low vis weather is still and issue, ie this morning there was an RVR in EKBI of 800m but and vertical vis of 200ft when I loaded I could see the entire runways and cloud base was around 1500ft.

I love MSFS but they really need to fix the various weather issues

2 Likes

Still only getting the weather on the first flight. If I load in, realize I forgot to change the aircraft to the one I intended to fly and go back to the menu, after switching aircraft and loading in to the exact same airport (no other settings changed), it’s back to clear skies, wind 225/3kts. It’s a pain, especially since the sim takes so long to load to the main menu, even with an almost clean community folder.

1 Like

There were no weather changes scheduled to be made in World Update3.
Weather system improvements are, however, scheduled for Sim Update3.

2 Likes

Since ca 3days have the reverse of the clear weather bug. EDDF is always now overcast, snowing, minus 6C and 1013mbar (BTW. EDDF is CAVOK currently).
Before I only experienced the clear weather bug on every second flight, but the initial weather was pretty close to the local METAR.
Any hints or do we continue to wait until Asobo addresses the real aviation related bugs?

I’ve been noticing significantly higher wind speeds reported in the sim than in concurrent METAR’s and even Meteoblue’s live weather information.
An example from a flight I just completed from London to Liverpool:
Skyvector METAR reported:
180/11 kts at EGLC
160/15 kts at EGGP

Meteoblue’s ‘Air’ page reported
4 kts in London
14 kts in Liverpool

The MSFS world map was showing
175/15 kts at EGLC
160/22 kts at EGGP

ATIS in MSFS ended up saying
182/19 at EGLC
168/42 (!!) at EGGP

I usually end up managing the weather manually in most of my flights to wind speeds and altimeter settings that match the METARs. I can understand that meteoblue’s data is not linked to METARs in any way, but the weather in the sim even seems to differ from meteoblue’s data in significant ways.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

3 Likes

That is no longer so.
The sim does now incorporate airport metars in the weather, as well as the predicted model it always used.

I continue to have wildly different weather than METARs (even +/- hours or days).

Today around 0 UTC winds at PAWG were reported at 110@8, but in sim the were 250@19 (as shown by the CJ4 just after rotation).

Real Wheather and 225/3 kt. Again same bug? No Clouds on my second flight. First flight in London was rainy.

3 Likes

I recently saw this for the first time in a long time. I quit and returned and after that have done multiple flights in the same app session and have not seen it again!

Are you booting into the sim using “Clear Skies” and then after that state is confirned, switching to live weather as recommended by ASOBO?

I never new that you must boot the sim into clear skies first and then switch to live weather? Where does it say that?

1 Like