Live Weather Does Not Match

Hello everyone! Quick update on this situation: A temporary problem with the data format caused a weather service update to fail.

4 Likes

Is it now resolved?

It was spot on this morning for me.

Just tested again and spot on also so does indeed look to be solved :slight_smile:

Yes, it is! We are trying to stay constant regarding the live weather feature. Please be aware that if the data we receive slightly differs from what we usualy have, MSFS might not interprete correctly what current live weather should be displayed at a specific time.

Be reassured, the objective is to keep a constant working live weather :slight_smile: !

8 Likes

Thanks Olie

2 Likes

This whole wx situation reminds me of Windows and MSFS updates. Some get it sooner than others.

I don’t think this is a data issue, I think its a distribution issue.

It’s like we are getting weather sometimes as forecasted, sometimes as historical, and sometimes its kind of close “looking”. However, it is never spot on; that spot on claim I would consider either an exaggeration or simply submitting to the idea that its real so one can feel good, but it cannot be. Firstly, there are not enough available cloud layers in the sim, there are no cirrus or stratus clouds, but especially visibility…ugh, but then we have the unseen, like jet stream, CAT, and dewpoints.

Other examples: A real life a mountain obscuration threat, is not a threat at all in the sim (too early/too late??). Wildfires that should affect visibility does nothing in sim; I can go on and on and on. So the claim of spot on is totally false.

But this is still a photography game and its still in alpha, someday it may become a flight sim, we just have to wait. So much work to do ( a complete overhaul in my view ) on the weather yet, and when complete (real time and correct), the screenshots will be a lot better.

1 Like

Well, right now live weather is completely wrong. Again.

@OlieTsubasa443 Having just fired up the sim for the first time post update, and having opened the game at EGTK, the sim thinks it is overcast with heavy rain. The reality right now is this…

What is so wrong with this system that it goes so South on such a regular basis?!

I don’t know about everyone else but look at the AWOS and look at the sock. And Heavy Rain?

1 Like

I started up the plane at KRGA, gorgeous day in Richmond, KY. It was thundering and lightning on the sim. Not even close.

@OlieTsubasa443 please explain to us why the weather is constantly having these issues. Clear weather in KSGU and in sim practically overcast

1 Like

I have to agree, the live weather system is totally broken. Besides the constant lightening and thunderstorms, the winds are not even realistic let alone being close to actual conditions. On several of my last flights real winds where in the 5 to 10 knt range but in the sim I was experiencing 30 to:40 knt sustained at ground level.

While I am not a big fan of the abrupt wx changes when using the METAR based Rex wx product. It is a 1000 times better than the current live wx system in Sim.

2 Likes

The biggest question concerning this topic is:

Why aren’t there more votes?

• The topic is totally true and has been true since Aug 2020
  • The topic is totally and easily provable
  • The topic is totally important, or is this not supposed to be a flight sim

I believe we have so many basic fundamental issues still outstanding all because of the picture taking priorities of a majority of this community. Things like this will never get fixed, except to a bare minimum, at this rate.

The second biggest question is:

Will Xbox users even care about the weather?

This morning from EHRD - EDDL is was spot on as far as I could verify with windy.com.

1 Like

Prove the spot “on claim” like some of the “does not match” posts prove themselves, then your claim will hold some weight, but you cannot prove it, so…its just another exaggeration.

Nobody that claims “spot on” can prove it, but if anybody thinks they can, then by all means try it.

You have a habit of taking figure of speech too literally and making a big deal out of users sharing their opinions of weather being “spot on” often.

LIVE Weather and weather forecasts itself are not spot on or 100% accurate, as pointed out by the developers, so why waste the energy continuing to call others out for their choice of words…

2 Likes

This topic is not about me. And opinions about the weather does not help. Only truthful provable facts can help in this topic.

Then call it what it is.

If the weather in MSFS is never going to get any better, then the developers should shut this thread down. Since this thread has existed since Aug 2020, then reports of a factual nature need to be truthful. To give false reports a pass by calling them “figure of speech” only encourages more false claims, which will only result in nothing getting fixed.

My sincere apologies. I was under the impression that I posted on a flight sim forum and was allowed to post a personal positive experience.

Apparently you are the self chosen guardian of this thread and I have violated your rules. Whoops.

:rofl:

6 Likes

Yes, your treatment toward your comment was harsh and uncalled for. I too have had some instances where live weather worked, but recently that has not been the case.

The current live weather reminds me of an old adage where even a broken clock has the right time twice a day. So out of pure chance the sim and live weather might match :slight_smile: <——- humor for those so impaired….

1 Like

This topic is about how weather does not match. So when your post here calls the topic a lie, then prove it, so this topic can be closed.

Trust me when I say, I want you to be correct, I want the weather to match, and I can’t wait for this topic to be justifiably closed. My asking anybody for proof is not meant in a snarky or disrespectful manner, I’m simply asking for proof. Perhaps the weather was fixed and/or there are specific settings required, who knows.

A blanket simple sentence that opposes the topic without provable facts is not helpful enough. The developers can either develop on truthful provable facts (flight simulator), or develop based on feelings and opinions (photography game). This is called a “flight simulator” and the developers are wanting to make it a flight simulator.

This topic is not about me, but thank you for the attempted honor. :innocent: