Live Weather Does Not Match

So when the weather match happens, all I ask (and I know the developers would too) is that one provides the developers with the proof of the weather matching, perhaps this will provide clues so they can make it match all the time for everybody.

Again, baseless (unproven) short statements about how the weather matches (even if its just sometimes), are not helping in the quest for live weather to match.

Its better to start another topic about how the weather matches. Perhaps a concise title could be: ‘Live weather does match but I can’t prove it’. This way comments will be on topic and helpful for all of us, users and developers alike.

In all sincerity, I say all this to try and help keep this topic productive and useful to the developers. The live weather does not match.

I can confirm that the live weather is still quite broken and can be completely different than the actual metars. It seems that it can even be 1 day off from time to time. Now i still don’t understand why they cannot get it right after almost 1 year…only the local pressure seems to match quite good. Not the winds and not the covering with clouds.

1 Like

It is probably best in threads such as these to keep comments strictly related to the issue at hand and not lose the focus of this thread by moving to a discussion of other users’ experiences and/or posts!

Please, let’s help everyone in this thread, by keeping all future comments related to actual experiences of live weather issues.

Thanks for everyone’s cooperation in this!

1 Like

man, for me it was never right, since of release 18/08/2020

after the update i dont have the option of live weaher? Any one have a solution for it. I complett remove my community and make the repair. but live weather is not available

Metar at ESOW 251350Z AUTO 33005KT 9999 FEW021/// OVC068/// 20/16 Q1014

In sim:

Another prime example of the weather not matching. This is Alpine (46U). K46U 252115Z AUTO VRB06KT 10SM CLR 23/06 A3008 RMK A01.

This is ridiculous.

Might not be fully related, but - is it only me, or have you noticed that today (26th June 2021), there are no winds in the live weather, anywhere in the world? I checked also using the game-menu wind layer and… nope, no winds - on the ground, low altitudes, high altitudes, nowhere, completely calm. Resulting, of course, in very low temperatures in altitudes above FL200… :cold_face:

Jeah, had no winds either since 3 hours neither on ground or elsewhere.

Weather seems fine tho… just no wind data

and of course -40C at FL210 is not fun…

1 Like

Yep,I can confirm that too… I thought it was just me going crazy :-), I have absolutely no wind data at all

I can also confirm. GNS530 wind indicator is drifting around indicating 0kts. Flying 9500’ heading northwest about 200nm northwest of Dallas TX. According to Meteoblue, there should be about a 20kt wind from the southwest at that altitude. Metars from the area (within the sim) are reporting winds.

Also interesting, as I fly into a cumulonimbus, I am getting turbulence, but still 0kts wind speed. This is on a new flight and I had noticed this issue during the previous flight.

Edit…-20C at 9500’ isn’t correct, either. Especially given the current conditions lol

Lightning is still an issue!!!

Here’s a (weather) report of my flight from Samos (LGSM) to Reggio Calabria (LICR):
That’s the situation according to satellite data from Meteoblue:

The Agean sea is not depicted, but believe me - severe CAVOK.
Notice some cloud forming in the area of the Corinth Canal.
Here’s the situation in the CJ4 reaching the Corinth region:

Some clouds forming, alright!
Further on, nearing the italian coast, as expected the cloud coverage thickens:

And here’s a webcam image in the vicinity of the Strait of Messina compared to what I encountered on approach:

I would call that accurate!

BUT: upon reaching the italian coast I had some lightning strikes that were not warranted, as there were no TCU or CB anywhere in the vicinity.

2 Likes

@OlieTsubasa443 Live weather seems to be broken again unfortunately.

KJFK as an example now has no cloud in the game but metar is: KJFK 262051Z 18015KT 10SM FEW080 SCT200 BKN250 26/22 and satellite shows cloud.

Have tried a few other areas in Eurpoe also and they are also showing incorrect weather

It looks like it’s showing old weather again

same for me where I live it has been an overcast day but no rain and good visibility. In sim it’s like I’m fogged in with steady rain and of course the lightning and thunder.

2 Likes

Live weather still remains broken this morning. From what I can see it’s showing weather data that is at least 12 hours behind.

1 Like

Those who feel annoyed by the excessive lightnings and thunders, please don’t forget to vote for the other thread:

For me this is the worst issue at the moment, which holds me off from flying in many areas.

2 Likes

No disrespect but why does it put you off? To me it adds a bit of a (unexpected) challenge to deal with inclement weather!

No disrespect but are you new to aviation? Are you aware that weather is one of the most important things in aviation? With wrong weather you won’t be able to plan your flights, plan your alternates and calculate the correct amount of fuel needed. If i plan the weather and fly to an airport that reports good visibility and as soon as i approach it has fog, storms and almost zero visbility, it will completely ruin my flight experience as i want to train for VFR-flights. Not every one wants to use it like GTA V. They want to use it as a sim, as close to reality than possible. I guess that the purpose of a sim and that what we are used with other much older sims.

1 Like

No offence taken but no, I have well over 1000hrs as PIC, with various ratings and experience on most GA types so I appreciate where you’re coming from. I also opened and operated the first dedicated US-style FBO in the UK so I’m fully aware of the serious nature of the business. Flying in Europe means you have to be adaptable and of course getting max information is absolutely essential, but you must always be ready to change your plans.

But I haven’t flown now for a number of years and bought the sim to rekindle my love of flying. In that respect, although I go for as much realism as possible, I’m out to enjoy my time and maybe expand my abilities although a flight simulator will NEVER replace being in an actual aeroplane for me. My comment was intended to be somewhat light-hearted, sorry if you’ve taken it too seriously.

I fully understand your wish to practice and enhance your real-life skills and applaud you for it - but please don’t take offence when I say that not everybody is of the same mind as you.

2 Likes

it’s exactly the opposite. I like the challenge of dealing with various weather conditions. That’s why I usually look for areas with interesting weather.

But now it’s almost impossible to find such conditions without being annoyed by crazy thunders and lignthnings every few seconds.

A real thunderstorm once in a while can be fun, bot not permanent thunders and lightnings.

3 Likes