Live Weather Does Not Match

Didn’t have time to check in the morning, now (1500Z) the in-game weather map matches the actual satellite image, and here’s what it looks in EDDH:
Webcam:

Game:

I then took the drone to the south and it looked like this - some showers obviously:

And sure enough the radar shows some showers south of eddh:

So in general, the weather seems up to date now. However, I recently noticed that the clouds are often this whispy, foggy type. Even to the south, where you would expect some more convection with the showers, it’s these foggy things that don’t look very convincing. Something to keep an eye on…
There’s a dedicated thread dealing with the issue:

1 Like

I would say the visibility is off by a long shot. I would also estimate the higher clouds in reality are much higher (and there are more layers) than they are in the sim, from what I can tell. All that said, my observation is not scientific enough to be helpful to the MSFS developers.

We need scientific conclusive data; I personally expect the MSFS team to come up with it, not gather a bunch of opinions and feelings. But there is no question, that the live weather does not match, in the latest build we currently have.

You see, we cannot have it both ways. If it is accurate, then the lightning would not happen. So for you to say “its accurate, but”, already makes it inaccurate. In other words, you yourself concluded that your accurate claim is inaccurate.

In no way am I saying its totally horrible, and I do trust the MSFS development team is sorting this all out. I know it can be so much better and consistent, and I believe it will be.

2 Likes

Again, the visibility (vital importance) is way off.

4 Likes

Looks like we’re being hit by that 20:00z bug again

1 Like

@OlieTsubasa443 there’s something weird going on with the time and the weather again, it seems to be going weird in the evenings once again.

Take an example now: EGGP 272050Z 07009KT 9999 OVC026 20/16 Q1018

Live weather gives this (I’ve turned to daylight for better viewing):

However if I change my PC time to 19:00BST then back to current time, it changes to this and matches the actual weather again:

It looks like we’re seeing that horrible time glitch again like we did with the 20:00z bug before?

4 Likes

yep, my weather is all wrong…

It seems different, as that would mean the weather being off until 0900Z. At 0500Z the in-game weathermap was matching the satellite imagery and weather depiction seemed ok. Will try and have a look after 2000Z today.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Thank you for letting us know about this situaton regarding the Live Weather. There was indeed an issue since June 26. DATA received didn’t overwrite existing DATA wich ended up in having the SIM reading the wrong DATA.

5 Likes

In pipeline but nowhere in dev roadmap, says a lot about the priority.

:woman_facepalming:  

Live weather still completely broken and appears ‘stuck’ today, 29/06/21.

1 Like

live weather was working previously, but the last 2 days is completely off in Paris for example. The METAR shows good VFR weather, while the sim is rain, grain, overcast, almost no visibility. It’s been 2 days. Check out LFPO

1 Like

Still off in various locations here too:

EIDW 301030Z 29008KT 250V320 9999 SCT007 BKN009 12/10 Q1019 BECMG BKN015

@OlieTsubasa443 still no update on this?

I also have been having the issue for about a week now where sometimes the map refuses to load in any cloud cover at all. I’ve waited upwards of 30 mins and nothing still loads in:

@OlieTsubasa443 why is this issue not being given more attention and more communication from yourselves? I’m usually a very patient person when it comes to MSFS, let’s face it you have to be, but my patience is wearing thin now. We are all your customers and the product we paid for isn’t working correctly again.

2 Likes

It’s the same for me, heavy rain and poor VIS, definitely not the marginal VFR reported by the METAR. Although I think this is down to how MSFS and Meteoblue predict and then interpret rain into the sim, it’s always been far too excessive.

well, if rain would be in the aera, or if it really was marginal VFR, I would say OK. But here it was just VFR. So yeah, we’ll see if this gets better.
But weather certainly looks off by at least an hour or so.

But I agree with you, the sim seems too excessive with this

1 Like

Yeah, I thought after acknowledging that something is wrong there wouldn’t be further problems, but I’m not sure which weather I am seeing in the sim right now. Certainly not the one that’s actually happening outside. The sim is generally struggling with those weather situations where there’s moist, unstable air and the probability of thunderstorms - but the apocalyptic scenario I am seeing at EDDH now is far from the METAR data, even if there’s some CB coming in from the northeast.

1 Like

I’m not really sure what weather I’m seeing either, but I’ve observed similar to what you’ve also stated here. That is I’ve noticed:

• The sim struggles with low cloud/fog that rolls in from the sea, notably in places such as San Francisco in the USA, or Dublin in Ireland. It seems Meteoblue seems to either just not take this into account at all, or struggles to predict it. Often when it does show it in MSFS, it burns off too quick compared to real weather.

• Rain is still far too excessive, both in amount (light, mod, heavy) and also in the reduction of visbility it brings with it.

• Thunderstorms seem to be widely inaccurate. There’s still far too much lightning in areas where it shouldn’t be (often where there are little to no clouds but lightning still exists). I’ve also observed areas where there are major thunderstorms going on where MSFS has only the lightning and thunder but not the cloud buildup.

• Visility/RVR as we know is still completely missing.

As you say right now I have no idea what weather I am seeing in MSFS. The cloud cover in game seems to be somewhat alined with satellite images. But often I load in and the weather is still not quite right and sometimes doesn’t even match up with the in-game map.

Another thing I’ve observed is when I select Live time and weather before loading in at the airport, the weather image in the ‘box’ often seems to show the correct conditions, e.g. cloudy to then load in and there be no cloud. So there’s a big discrepancy and something amiss there too.

1 Like

Could you please speak for yourself. You seems to be the one that wants scientific data, not ‘we’. A lot of other people are not in need of scientific data on a flight sim forum, but are looking for a more general approach and appreciate comments made by others (instead of always replying with the same criticism). We are not doing science here, we are having great fun!